Windows 10: When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to...

Discus and support When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This situation seems somewhat specific so I'll try to describe it as best as I can. When waking my HP Envy x360 15-bq100 from sleep, the display seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kpcwazabi, Oct 1, 2020.

1. kpcwazabi Win User

When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to...

This situation seems somewhat specific so I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

When waking my HP Envy x360 15-bq100 from sleep, the display seems to go into a halted state where the graphics card crashes and seems like it could go into a blue screen. Although, after a few seconds the display catches back up and functions properly. This pretty much goes through a loop where it halts for a lengthy amount of time then resumes for a few seconds. The only way to solve the issue is to do a hard shut down and start windows from a shut down state.

What I've done so far in sequential order:

- Reinstall Windows 10 on a new SSD I upgraded from an HDD

- Reinstall graphics drivers

- Update BIOS

- Ran memtest, the test passed

I used to have an issue where I would get a BSOD with THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER every other time I turn on the laptop. Doing a BIOS update seemed to have solved the issue for most cases. Sometimes, I will still get the BSOD but not on a repetitive occasion. Seeing as how I've updated my graphics to the latest settings and updated my BIOS, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a memory issue regardless of passing memtest?

The issue started after I reinstalled Windows onto a new SSD. My old HDD didn't have this issue, just the THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER BSOD whenever I would attempt to update my graphics driver.

:)

kpcwazabi, Oct 1, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Display goes to sleep

If all power option settings are set to Never, but your display still goes to sleep or turns off after a period of inactivity, it could be that the screensaver settings are turned on or configured to turn off the display. May we know if you have checked
    the screensaver settings of your computer? If not, here's how to check the screensaver settings in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type screensaver, then select it from the search results.
    • See if the screensaver is enabled.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    windows 10 "refuses" to ask for password after display off. (ok after sleep)

Hi,

We would suggest you to follow the
    steps below:

• Press
      Windows key, click
      Settings, and then click
      Personalization.

• Click
      Lock screen
      on the left-side panel.

• At the bottom of the window, look for
      Screen saver settings
      and click it.

• A new window will open. On that window, set wait time according to your "display
      off in power option" and check
      "On
      resume, display logon screen"box and then click
      Ok.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Oct 1, 2020
  4. When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to...

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to...

1. When resuming Windows 10 from sleep, the display goes through a loop where it seems to... - Similar Threads - resuming sleep display

2. Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.: Hi,I am facing issue with my taskbar which goes weird after system wake from sleep. Even post all upgrades to Windows 11. Issue is still is persisting. It feels better not to put system to sleep because after awaking only option left is to reboot the windows and kill all open...
  3. Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.: Hi,I am facing issue with my taskbar which goes weird after system wake from sleep. Even post all upgrades to Windows 11. Issue is still is persisting. It feels better not to put system to sleep because after awaking only option left is to reboot the windows and kill all open...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State: I have a Microsoft 4k wireless adapter.Recently, Windows and the Display Adapter have had several updates.Now, it appears the display adapter does not connect after the computer resumes from a sleep state.The current workaround is to restart the computer and sometimes even...
  5. Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State: I have a Microsoft 4k wireless adapter.Recently, Windows and the Display Adapter have had several updates.Now, it appears the display adapter does not connect after the computer resumes from a sleep state.The current workaround is to restart the computer and sometimes even...
  6. Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitor failed to display anything when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor failed to display anything when resuming from sleep: Windows 10, 64-bit, 21H1Laptop, with integrated Intel graphics.All drives are up to date, according to Dell support assistAfter PC idles and monitor sleeps, I use mouse or keyboard to wake the monitor up -- note PC is on, not sleepingThe monitor woke up -- the LED is on, the...
  8. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.: Hi, some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz. Unfortunately, with a frequency of 1/3 times, monitor, after resume from sleep (not pc suspension mode, only monitor), will look...
  9. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  10. Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized: I have tried out a few different monitors recently, but I just settled on the one I want to use. All was going well but after it wakes from "sleeping", the windows are being resized and moved. Perhaps there is some issue with drivers from the other monitors messing things up?...