Windows 10: When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

Discus and support When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joshua Smith_702, Sep 20, 2019.

1. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it freezes the desktop then it reloads the whole desktop. I've tried to fix it before by using this website, https://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-save-schemes-other-entries-from-desktop-context-menu/ but it didn't work. Anyone know how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks.

:)

Joshua Smith_702, Sep 20, 2019

2. Desktop Freezes on Right Click

Desktop Freezes on Right Click

I have windows 10

Elsaeed Elsayed, Sep 20, 2019
  3. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click
    freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate ***

JeffreyRivero, Sep 20, 2019
  4. whamy22 Win User

When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

whamy22, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

1. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes. - Similar Threads - right clicking desktop

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  5. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  6. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  7. Right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop: When I left- click on the desktop and click either personalize or display settings a system 32 pop-up appears for less than a second but disappears without opening display settings or personalize. I have done a scan and check disk but nothing. Thanks for any help!...
  8. right-click on desktop

right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  9. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...
  10. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...