Windows 10: When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...

Discus and support When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried a number of different paths to get to the folder I need (it's on a shared network), including pinning it to my taskbar for quick access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreyKnight13, Oct 30, 2019.

1. When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...

I've tried a number of different paths to get to the folder I need (it's on a shared network), including pinning it to my taskbar for quick access. Nothing I've tried has worked to make the folder I need appear when trying to save my files.

It's not a personal computer, so reinstalling the program is out of the question.

submitted by /u/GreyKnight13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GreyKnight13, Oct 30, 2019

2. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to accessing recent items that you have accessed on your PC.

Usually, when you access a file or folder on your PC it shows in the Quick Access menu as recent files.

However, if you are looking for the most recent files that you have accessed from the PC then the simplest way is to access the recent items using the run command.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      shell:recent
      and hit Enter.

This will open a window with all the recent items that you have accessed. You can also pin this folder in the Quick Access menu so that it will be easier for you to access once again.

Kindly follow the steps to pin the recent items on the Quick Access menu.

1. Right click on the Quick Access menu on the left hand pane.
    2. Select Pin current folder to Quick access.

Once you pin the folder you should be able to access the recent items. Refer the screenshot for more information.

When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently... 1781d25f-24ba-4efc-a9ec-e4f310143276?upload=true.png

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 30, 2019
  3. ThePhinx Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

You can "Pin to Quick Access" the "Recent" folder in Windows 10. But the "Recent" folder is hidden when you "Save As" from an application, which is very annoying. So here is the fix to get Recent Items showing in Save As dialog boxes:

1) Optional step: In File Explorer, if you have already pinned the "Recent" folder to Quick Access, right-click "Recent" and select "Unpin from Quick Access"

When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently... [​IMG]

2) Start a Command Prompt
    3) Copy and paste the entire following line into the Command Prompt, and then press Enter:
    mklink /j "%USERPROFILE%\Recent Items" %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently... [​IMG]

4) Close the Command Prompt window
    5) Back to File Explorer, either click on your Username under Desktop, or browse to C:\Users\<username>
    6) You'll notice there is a new yellow shortcut named "Recent Items". Right-click it and choose "Pin to Quick Access"
    7) "Recent Items" will now appear under Quick Access.

8) "Recent Items" will also now appear under Quick Access when you use the "Save As" dialog box from any Windows 10 application.

All done! *Party

-

ThePhinx, Oct 30, 2019
  4. When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...

File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

So File Explorer Quick Access shows Recent Folders, because I pinned it to be there:

But, when you go to "Save as" dialog box, Recent Folders inexplicably disappears from Quick Access:

Why is that? How can I fix it so that "Save as" and "Open" show Recent Folders in Quick Access in navigation pane?

DennisHallack, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...

1. When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently... - Similar Threads - saving documents Word

2. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  3. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  4. Word 2010 recent documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2010 recent documents: Hi,I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly but they are still there. If I delete them manually more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas?Thanks :...
  5. ? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS

in Windows 10 Support
    ? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS: Recent Items will show when browsing my folders but when in a Photo app, it's not there. Only Recent Folders is shown. How to fix? 180333
  6. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files: For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network files. But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files that I was just using...
  7. Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List: My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10 recent documents, but they're not showing up. They used to show up, but suddenly not anymore. My Excel still shows its...
  8. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  9. recent files and folders, quick access

recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  10. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. my recents places is pinned in quick access but i cannot see it when I am in Word