Windows 10: When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202]

Discus and support When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been using Win10 email client for years. Since the beginning, when saving a document to any drive, extra numbers in square brackets are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarrellFrost, Jun 11, 2019.

1. When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202]

I've been using Win10 email client for years. Since the beginning, when saving a document to any drive, extra numbers in square brackets are automatically added to the file and appear in the 'save as' box. Here is an example

When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202] c98ad4dd-8b96-40fa-b8a0-e284ba182127.png

The numbers [5851] are system added for some reason.

It means that if I want to save a document, I have to edit those random numbers out, as shown below, where I will need to delete the spurious [91071] from the file name before saving.

When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202] a9f21a64-800a-4742-a236-43193a89038e?upload=true.jpg

Why is this happening?

More importantly, how do I stop the extra numbers being added to documents as it is frying my brain!

:)

DarrellFrost, Jun 11, 2019
  2. MikeEN Win User

Any update on "Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!"?

Now that's interesting....

Left-click opens the file with the extra digits

Right-click> Open opens the file with the extra digits

Right-click> Save saves the file with the original name

Definitely a good work around.

Any suggestions on how to change the action of Open?

MikeEN, Jun 11, 2019
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Jun 11, 2019
  4. When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202]

Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

Hi Jennifer - I deleted and reattached yahoo mail, but the word.doc downloads still have numbers after the genuine document title. The latest one has added an erroneous [2185]....Summary of Findings DF[2185]

Bizarre.

It has just recently begun to do this.

Also - the People app nolonger shows any contacts. It was paired with my Gmail. I disconnected Gmail (which I only use for contacts and calendar) so that my Yahoo email would show up first in the list. I reconnected Gmail. Calendar and Email work fine but
    No contacts have come across. I have tried reinstalling both apps from the Store but no change.

So - now I have two issues:

- random numbers added to downloaded document titles

- people app not showing ANY contacts from Gmail

Any suggestions?

DarrellFrost, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202]

1. When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202] - Similar Threads - saving documents extra

2. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  3. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow pc after adding extra ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow pc after adding extra ssd: Disk manager/ssd’s manufacturer program shows new installed ssd as working and normal but for some reason my pc is running slow now, even though the drive is just an add on. O/s drive is the boot drive and bios is set to achi, RST is on auto start up. Don’t know why the new...
  6. Setup automatic file save naming convention when saving files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup automatic file save naming convention when saving files: I’m not even sure what to Google to try and figure this out. Looking for any help. My goal is when I go to save a file that the name of the file starts with this date format... YYYY-DD-MM Then the highlighted blue area would be editable and I could put whatever in there. But...
  7. Strange file name autopopulated in file name of "save as" when saving from Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange file name autopopulated in file name of "save as" when saving from Edge: When I unlocked my computer this morning and tried "save as" for a photo out of Edge, there was one of my financial files names auto populated in the "file name" field. It has been some time since I've used Edge (usually use Chrome). I have not done anything with that file in...
  8. Onedrive creates duplicate files with PC name added to file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive creates duplicate files with PC name added to file name: This was sort of asked before, but the discussion closed by administration without an answer being found: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/onedrive-creates-duplicate-file-name-with-pc-name/18f1fd5c-b217-49ee-8552-fa118a25bf1e?page=1. I use...
  9. Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!: The Win 10 mail app adds [lots of numbers] to the names of file attachments downloaded from emails on the app.....help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-mail-app-on-pc-saves-documents-with-extra/4882dd34-74e0-49cf-a64d-a1d87188ec53
  10. Permission problem when saving a document or adding an email account

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission problem when saving a document or adding an email account: When trying to add an email account to Outlook 2013 on my daughters Surface Pro 3 running Win10 I get the following error message AFTER the test message is successfully sent. The specified device, file, or path cannot be accessed. It may have been deleted, it may be in...