Windows 10: When saving Word 2013 document: File Explorer taking a long time to load files when typing...

Discus and support When saving Word 2013 document: File Explorer taking a long time to load files when typing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here is the process: I go to save a Word 2013 document (.docx), browse for the shared folder I want to save it to, then click on that folder. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TQZ91, Mar 11, 2019.

1. TQZ91 Win User

When saving Word 2013 document: File Explorer taking a long time to load files when typing...

Here is the process: I go to save a Word 2013 document (.docx), browse for the shared folder I want to save it to, then click on that folder. When inside I then type in the first few letters of the folder I want to save the word document to using file explorer search. When I type this in the search, letters A-G are automatically searchable, but any letter after that takes around 20-30 seconds to load and become searchable.

I believe this is simply a matter of it loading slowly BUT this only happens with Word! Any other program this does not happen, I am able to search immediately in file explorer when typing in the first few letters of the file.

This isn't a serious problem obviously, just a matter of convenience. I do this process of saving quite often and it really does take a lot of time away from my day. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

:)

TQZ91, Mar 11, 2019

2. Find a word in a lot txt files

beats me. but it is faster using grep. what's more, in a business if you were scan through tens of thousands of documents the time saved would really add up. just saying.

the OP has a bunch of txt files and he is trying to avoid doing what you suggested because it takes forever when youve got a bunch of files.

Easy Rhino, Mar 11, 2019
  3. word documents take a long time to close

word documents take a long time to close

have not experienced that before, I mean really long, what is the issue?

ViktoriaPerschler, Mar 11, 2019
  4. When saving Word 2013 document: File Explorer taking a long time to load files when typing...

Files and folders take a long time to load in File explorer

This just started happening this week. Whenever I try to open file explorer in windows 10 it takes a very long time for my files and folders to appear. I have tried using the DISM command but that did not fix the problem

Shawn Robert Robinson, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

When saving Word 2013 document: File Explorer taking a long time to load files when typing...

1. When saving Word 2013 document: File Explorer taking a long time to load files when typing... - Similar Threads - saving Word 2013

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC

File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC: recently i bought a new pc for college and gaming Lenovo Legion T5 with decent specs, but out of nowhere whenever i wanna open the File Explorer it takes about 5 minutes to load, which is arguably a long time considering my 5 year old laptop loads it almost instantly. My C...
  6. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  7. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  8. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...
  9. Word Document taking long time to Save Content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Document taking long time to Save Content: Hello, From last 1 month when I save any data in the word, it is taking long time and word become not responsive and complete 100% CPU is used by the word application to save the data....
  10. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer takes long time to load contents!: Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying! [ATTACH]...