Windows 10: When screen turns off system loses all connectivity

Discus and support When screen turns off system loses all connectivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have Dell XPS 9570 laptop with Dell TB16 dock. I have set the power settings, when plugged in, to turn off the display after 10 minutes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShwangShwing, Oct 7, 2020.

1. When screen turns off system loses all connectivity

Hello,

I have Dell XPS 9570 laptop with Dell TB16 dock. I have set the power settings, when plugged in, to turn off the display after 10 minutes and never sleep.

What I expect:

When 10 minutes of inactivity pass, all the displays two external and the laptop display turn off, the machine is accessible via the network I have DLNA server running for example, bluetooth devices don't disconnect and the music doesn't stop playing.

What happens:

When 10 minutes of inactivity pass, the displays turn off as expected, but I lose connectivity to the machine my TV loses connection to the DLNA server and the movie stops, my bluetooth headphones lose connection, the music stops playing.

Additionally if I wake the machine, the problem doesn't occur until the next boot now it respects the "never sleep" setting and just turns off the display after 10 minutes. Once I reboot, the problem occurs once more.

When screen turns off system loses all connectivity 3b2e0a47-5efc-4916-8109-fbd581a35ae2?upload=true.png

:)

ShwangShwing, Oct 7, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

When screen turns off system loses all connectivity

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

When screen turns off system loses all connectivity

1. When screen turns off system loses all connectivity - Similar Threads - screen turns off

2. windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another: i currently have 4 screens connected and whe i connect a 5th screen windows turns one of the 4 other screens off.when i go to display settings my pc has detected al 5 screens and when i put all screens to extend display it keeps turning 1 random screen offdo you have any idea...
  3. windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another: i currently have 4 screens connected and whe i connect a 5th screen windows turns one of the 4 other screens off.when i go to display settings my pc has detected al 5 screens and when i put all screens to extend display it keeps turning 1 random screen offdo you have any idea...
  4. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  5. Fan is turned off when screen is off

Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  6. Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected: Hello!So I have an old samsung monitor that supports only 1440x900 and 60 hz. And one time I stupidly set display settings so that screen 1 turn of when screen 2 old monitor, not pre-built in pc screen is connected. But I hadn't set correct display settings for it so it...
  7. Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected

Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected: Hello!So I have an old samsung monitor that supports only 1440x900 and 60 hz. And one time I stupidly set display settings so that screen 1 turn of when screen 2 old monitor, not pre-built in pc screen is connected. But I hadn't set correct display settings for it so it...
  8. Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off: Hello this is odd, My Monitor looses its signal when the speakers are turned off the speakers are plugged into a mains wall socket and when turn them off, at the socket, the monitor goes blank, if I remove and reconnect the monitor power, all is ok again. wonder how why this...
  9. when my laptop turns off I lose all my downloads

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when my laptop turns off I lose all my downloads: When my laptop turn off, either by running out of battery or I hold down the off button, the laptop resets most of the data and I have to and sign back into everything. Would like some help with this issue, thanks....
  10. Losing audio playback when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing audio playback when monitor turns off: I can't seem to figure out my audio pauses when my monitor turns off. I recently built a new PC and I didn't have this problem before, the only thing that changed was my hardware. I have a DisplayPort connected to my GPU and monitor and I have self-powered speakers connected...