Windows 10: When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I...

Discus and support When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I... in Cortana to solve the problem; When I press search on Windows Support support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "Windows" comes up next to whatever I searched.E.G.I type "I like" into the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Put_Display_Name_Here, Sep 6, 2021.

1. When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I...

When I press search on Windows Support support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "Windows" comes up next to whatever I searched.E.G.I type "I like" into the search box and press search. Then it comes up as "I like WINDOWS" with Windows in capitals. And if I constantly spam enter it becomes "I like WINDOWS WINDOWS WINDOWS WINDOWS" and so on, and after a while it searches it. Why is this happening? Is this just an Easter Egg? If it is it is pretty annoying.

:)

Put_Display_Name_Here, Sep 6, 2021

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Sep 6, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft RTM of Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Announced

Microsoft has announced the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Except applying all updates released to date, this issue of SP will bring some key features to both operating systems. Those are:
    • Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches
    • Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth Technology
    • Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista
    • Adds Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi Configuration
      Windows Vista SP2 enables the exFAT file system to support UTC timestamps, which allows correct file synchronization across time zones.
    A single installer of SP2 will be supplied by Microsoft, and it will work with both Windows Vista and Server 2008. For a complete overview of the changes introduced in SP2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, check TechNet. As usual, a final date hasn't been set. At present, the final SP2 release for Vista and Server 2008 is scheduled for the Q2 2009 period, but this might change.

Source: Windows Vista Team Blog

malware, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I...

1. When searching on support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows "WINDOWS" comes up next to whatever I... - Similar Threads - searching support microsoft

2. When will microsoft tech support call us back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will microsoft tech support call us back?: I spent last thursday on the phone trying to get a case number. I finally got one and they said that another tech person would be callling us back within 24 to 48 business hours. It has now been more than 48 hours and still no call....
  3. When will microsoft tech support call us back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will microsoft tech support call us back?: I spent last thursday on the phone trying to get a case number. I finally got one and they said that another tech person would be callling us back within 24 to 48 business hours. It has now been more than 48 hours and still no call....
  4. When will microsoft tech support call us back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Did Microsoft just give us a glimpse of the next Windows desktop?

in Windows 10 News
    Did Microsoft just give us a glimpse of the next Windows desktop?: Windows 10 is not the last Windows operating system. Microsoft released Windows 11 despite stating years earlier that nothing would be coming after Windows 10. Now, the company appears focused on its new operating system Windows 11. New major updates will be released once a...
  6. Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB: Hi there,We have some machines on our estate that where imaged using the wrong OSLanguage, these where issued as EN-US instead of EN-GB, in the grand scheme of things its not a huge problem for us as we have changed the default keyboard layout to EN-GB but does anyone know if...
  7. Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows: Microsoft plans to reveal the future of Windows next week. A leaked ISO of Microsoft's new operating system, called Windows 11, provides us with a glimpse of what users can expect from the new operating system. The leak confirms that Microsoft's next version of Windows will...
  8. Contact Us - Microsoft Support

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Contact Us - Microsoft Support: I am sent to Microsoft Support to "Contact Us", but besides calling tech support in another country, I can't find where to speak to a person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-us-microsoft-support/d27c267b-a341-4c1d-adf8-9161b447310a
  9. every morning when I turn on computer the microsoft support screen comes up

in Windows 10 Customization
    every morning when I turn on computer the microsoft support screen comes up: Every moning, when I turn on the computer, my previous days tabs all open up as usual. Within the last few days however an additional tab continues to open up https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10 I don't know why the microsoft...
  10. Difference between en-US and en-GB versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between en-US and en-GB versions: Hi there can anybody explain to me if there's any difference between the en-US and en-GB versions. It seems with BOTH you can install whatever version of ENGLISH plus appropriate keyboard you want. Locale etc doesn't seem to matter either. There presumably must be some...