Windows 10: When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top

Discus and support When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The issue is the "York University" at the top. Is there any way to remove this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OmTandon, Aug 16, 2022.

1. OmTandon Win User

When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top

The issue is the "York University" at the top. Is there any way to remove this?

:)

OmTandon, Aug 16, 2022
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Aug 16, 2022
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 16, 2022
  4. When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top

1. When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top - Similar Threads - searching via search

2. When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top

in Cortana
    When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top: The issue is the "York University" at the top. Is there any way to remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-searching-via-windows-search-on-my-pc-it/661dc754-b5a5-4c3f-9074-b363da4f094b
  3. When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When searching via windows search on my PC it shows my institution at the top: The issue is the "York University" at the top. Is there any way to remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-searching-via-windows-search-on-my-pc-it/661dc754-b5a5-4c3f-9074-b363da4f094b
  4. Search my PC

in Cortana
    Search my PC: Hello, I have a problem with my Windows. I frequently wish to search my PC for a file. Sometimes it's a document, sometimes it's an executable, sometimes it's a picture, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't yet discovered a way to search my PC from Windows 10. There's a search...
  5. Search Bar at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar at the top of my screen: Hello, I recently opened my windows 10 and found a search bar at the top of my screen. Other apps' full screen don't go to the top of the screen either. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Here's a screen shot: [ATTACH]...
  6. Random Search Bar at the Top of My Screen

Random Search Bar at the Top of My Screen: Hi! Well... I have some random search bar from RANDOM website! I don't know where does it comes from. Well, let me tell you the story my sister was using my laptop and she was downloading some random files randomly well like free games? I guess.. well then she...
  7. A search bar is stuck to the top of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    A search bar is stuck to the top of my screen: Way back when I first got this computer I went through the settings and somehow ended up with a search bar at the top of the screen. I cant move it like a window, it has no tabs, and there is no x button. It also stops apps from being full screened properly because it bushes...
  8. Random search bar at the top of my screen saying "Search the web..."

Random search bar at the top of my screen saying "Search the web...": Only a few hours ago, I have been seeing a search bar at the top of my screen saying "Search the web..." It first appeared when I installed an app. Along with the app being installed, another app called "Chromium" also installing itself not soon after. I have tried disabling...
  9. A Black search Tab at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Black search Tab at the top of my screen: Sorry to bother but i need help because my computer has a black search bar in the top of my computer but it isn't like the internet explorer. It does not have anything it just says search the web. i have been trying everything like control panel and searching bing, bar, web...
  10. Search Bar at the top of my screen

Search Bar at the top of my screen: This search bar suddenly appeared on the top of my laptop screen, nothing will make it go away. I have tried looking for the Web Bar thing in the control panel but nothing comes up.... is there any other way to fix this????[ATTACH]...