Windows 10: When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows...

Discus and support When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have my NAS network drive mapped on drive Z: When I select 16 files or less and right click, everything is normal. When I select 17 files or more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jesbus2, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jesbus2 Win User

When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows...

I have my NAS network drive mapped on drive Z:

When I select 16 files or less and right click, everything is normal.

When I select 17 files or more and right click, I get a popup titled "Windows Security" with this text:

"Your Internet Security settings blocked one or more files from being opened. Do you want to open these files anyway?"

If I click OK, the popup disappears and the right-click menu opens.

I work with a lot of files on this network drive very often, so this is incredibly disruptive.

I have tried all the solutions I could find on the internet, none of them have worked so far.

I have tried:

- Resetting the Internet Explorer settings

- Setting all security levels to "Low" in Internet Explorer Security Options

- Going to Internet Explorer Security Options, choosing Custom Options and setting all the "Launching applications and unsafe files" fields to "Prompt"

- Replacing the Internet Settings registry folder by a copy from a fresh Administrator user account

- Rebooting after doing all the above things

This is a brand new computer. I just installed Windows 10 Home today.

Does anyone know how to permanently disable this popup?

When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows... 130e7457-2b35-4790-a1e7-146ffce02170?upload=true.png

:)

Jesbus2, Feb 16, 2019

2. Windows security message when I select more than 16 files on mapped drive and right click

This is annoying as it adds one more step when I want to move some files.

I have a mapped drive to my NAS. When I select more than 16 files/folders and right mouse click to bring up the context menu I get a Windows Security message "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer. Your Internet security settings blocked
    one or more files from being opened."

The odd thing is that there is no message when 16 or less files/folders are selected or if the operation (i.e. copy) is done via the ribbon menu. It doesn't matter what type of file is selected. I have a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. This is also happening
    to a Surface 3 Pro upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

moss642001, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Windows security message when I select more than 16 files on mapped drive and right click

HI moss642001,

Did you ever resolve this problem?

I'm having exactly the same issue. Selecting and right clicking on more than 16 files triggers a security warning. This also happens when I try to open certain files from the network drive.

Thanks!

Ben

BenjaminTaylor154, Feb 16, 2019
  4. When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows...

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows...

1. When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a network drives, I get a "Windows... - Similar Threads - selecting right clicking

2. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: I want to select multiple photos and open all of them in their own instances of MS paint. In windows 10 I used to be able to select multiple photos -> right click -> open with -> paint. Now, in windows 11, when I have multiple photos selected and right click, the 'open with'...
  3. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: I want to select multiple photos and open all of them in their own instances of MS paint. In windows 10 I used to be able to select multiple photos -> right click -> open with -> paint. Now, in windows 11, when I have multiple photos selected and right click, the 'open with'...
  4. Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files: When I select multiple PNG files, I get the error message: "your internet security settings prevented one or more files being opened". I tested and it seems that I have no problems with fewer than 16 files, but on the 17th file, I get the message when I right click. It...
  5. Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files: When I select multiple PNG files, I get the error message: "your internet security settings prevented one or more files being opened". I tested and it seems that I have no problems with fewer than 16 files, but on the 17th file, I get the message when I right click. It...
  6. Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files

7. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: Hi,I use the Windows "photo" program for viewing photos however I often use Photoshop to edit them. In windows 10 I was able to select two or hundreds of files, right click and select "Open with" in order to open the photos with Photoshop/Paint3D/Firexox/any other program....
  8. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

"Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: Hi,I use the Windows "photo" program for viewing photos however I often use Photoshop to edit them. In windows 10 I was able to select two or hundreds of files, right click and select "Open with" in order to open the photos with Photoshop/Paint3D/Firexox/any other program....
  9. When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a mapped network drive, I get a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When selecting and right clicking more than 16 files on a mapped network drive, I get a...: I have my NAS network drive mapped on drive Z: When I select 16 files or less and right-click, everything is normal. When I select 17 files or more and right-click, I get a popup titled "Windows Security" with this text: "Your Internet Security settings blocked one or...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes when I right click and select new: I have checked & disabled all 3rd party apps using a shellview program & the problem does not appear to be there. Problem seems to have occurred after MS update about 10 days ago. Below is the most recent log. Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang...