Windows 10: When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

Discus and support When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When playing "Halo: Master Chief Collection" when switching from windowed to fullscreen it resizes on the wrong screen. I have put it in bordered moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DylanLawrence4, Oct 17, 2021.

1. When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

When playing "Halo: Master Chief Collection" when switching from windowed to fullscreen it resizes on the wrong screen. I have put it in bordered moved it then resized the screen then put it to "fullscreen" windowed and when I close and reopen the program in the windowed setting it will open on my second monitor which is the monitor I primarily use. but as soon as I change the settings to be fullscreen it moves back to my laptop screen what can I do to change this.

:)

DylanLawrence4, Oct 17, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Hi Syrius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• Is the issue specific to a game or does it occur on all the games?
    • Is the issue specific to only games or does it occur while playing full screen videos?

If the issue occurs while playing videos in full screen, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers to see if it helps.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device manager.

• Expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card driver and choose
      Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the machine for Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

If the issue is specific to games, it could be a compatibility issue. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows and run the games
    in compatibility mode to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, it could be due to the full screen optimization. As you’ve already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works.

• Open Settings and go to System > Display.
    • On the right pane, click on the Advanced graphics settings
      hyperlink.
    • Uncheck Enable fullscreen optimizations
      and exit Settings.
    • Restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 17, 2021
  4. sarge5544 Win User

When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

Asus laptop automatically dims screen when I start a software/game in fullscreen

My laptop is an ASUS with two GPUs:

• (Integrated) Intel hd graphics 520. I think this manages the monitor.
    • (Discrete) Nvidia geforce 940M. For games.
      Both have the latest drivers.

What happens is when I start a game, the screen dims and I am unable to increase the brightness. Some notes:

• The backlight keyboard also acts up. Turns itself on.
    • It only occurs in fullscreen mode.
    • I have "adaptive brightness" turned off in display settings (I have no adaptive brightness option in power options).
    • Some people on other threads mention the "Intel Power Saving technology". I have no such setting in my Intel control panel.

Everything is absolutely fine outside programs. But only when I start games in fullscreen, this happens. It's quite annoying.

I think my issue is the same as this: Can't disable auto screen dimming on ASUS laptop Windows 10
    However I do not see an option to turn off power saving tech in my control panel (Intel command center).

sarge5544, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

1. When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen - Similar Threads - setting game fullscreen

2. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  3. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  4. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting a game on fullscreen it resizes to my my laptop screen: When playing "Halo: Master Chief Collection" when switching from windowed to fullscreen it resizes on the wrong screen. I have put it in bordered moved it then resized the screen then put it to "fullscreen" windowed and when I close and reopen the program in the windowed...
  6. Window resize when starting a new Fullscreen Window on the other Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window resize when starting a new Fullscreen Window on the other Screen: When im Starting a Fullscreen Window, like any game, on the other Screen the Windows resize and its super strange and then when i close the fullscreen window, all the windows go to the other Screen, the one that got resized, what can i do so it stopsOn this screen, there...
  7. Keep my laptop's screen in fullscreen mode when resolution is reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep my laptop's screen in fullscreen mode when resolution is reduced: My laptop's screen is 1080p Full HD, and sometimes I need to reduce the resolution from 1080p to 720p. But when it's happened, my monitor appears big black bars on four sides. This happens every time the resolution is reduced like playing GTA V. Even this happens when I...
  8. Black screen in games when fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in games when fullscreen: Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed....
  9. Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.: Hi, i ve recently bought a new PC and i can t play the games in fullscreen becouse of random blackscreens.I get these blackscreen whenever the frames are changing too much (going into inventory/menu/options/in match) PC SPEC: Ryzen 5 2600 RX 580 8GB VRAM 8GB RAM 600W...
  10. Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games: I have a laptop that has two graphics card (Intel Integrated 520 and GeForce 940M G), and not sure if it's the result of the first one, but whenever I run a new game it starts in a very low resolution. Most of the modern games support 1080p (my screen's native resolution),...