Windows 10: When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

Discus and support When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcd73165, May 29, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update.
    Thanks, Mark

:)

Mcd73165, May 29, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 29, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 1903(19H1) update.

Hi SUMAGNA

Windows 10 version 1903 is expected to be released in 2 - 3 weeks

Keep a watch on this web page, when you see the May 2019 Feature Update listed there, click 'Update Now' to get that update straight away without needing to wait . . .

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

DaveM121, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update - Similar Threads - should expect update

2. Windows 10 made update to 20H2 from 1909, what should I expect

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 made update to 20H2 from 1909, what should I expect: I have been delaying the updates for the 20H2 iteration, I am wondering how is it possible for the update to carry on,while I had WAU Manager set to disable the built-in Windows, along with the 0&0 Shutup10 disabling windows update feature. I did have the update paused, maybe...
  3. Inbox not updating as expected

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Inbox not updating as expected: My main inbox (btinternet) is rather erratic at updating I have a send & receive group configured to do an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes However, it doesn't always update regularly in that there will be nothing for a while and then they all come at once In the worse...
  4. Windows 10 next major update: When should you expect to get it

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 next major update: When should you expect to get it: Microsoft says Windows 10 is an ongoing product, which means there’ll be no ‘Windows 11’ and the operating system will be constantly updated with both patches and new features over time. In May 2020, Microsoft released Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004), which is the...
  5. Quality Update Expectations?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Quality Update Expectations?: Good Day. As of today, I've been using Windows 10 for 4 years.. I have some questions regarding possible updates and if I should expect these or not? Wsappx - no matter how I choose to try and disable windows store, or any of it's components, whether through group...
  6. Update from 1903 to 1909 via CMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to 1909 via CMD: [IMG] I have some command here that I use to upgrade Win 7 clients to 10 silently but was wondering if there are similar ones I can use to upgrade a PC that already has Windows 10 to the latest version such as 1903 to 1909 silently or would they be the same? \" submitted...
  7. Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?: I just ordered a new laptop and will be home in a few days. Windows 10 Home included, but i am not sure which version of windows 10, its either 1803 or 1809. Should i update it to 1903 before doing anything else, like installing games, apps and etc ? 138822
  8. Windows update 1903. When is it arriving?

Windows update 1903. When is it arriving?: *Sad Hi all. Currently my OS is 1809. When is the monster from the deep (1903 update) due? I realize that it is staged, but from last year?*Thumbs 136752
  9. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  10. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?: I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to install this update yet. When i installed the Windows update assistant and ran it manually then it checked for 1903 and asked to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to expect windows update 1903

2. should i get 1903

3. problems booting windows 10 after 1903 update

4. when will i auto update to 1903