Windows 10: When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community?

Discus and support When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I put this in this category as I am not sure where else to put it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xbox O, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Xbox O Win User

When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community?

I put this in this category as I am not sure where else to put it.

:)

Xbox O, Jul 13, 2020
  2. dzigibau Win User

Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback

I reported this few months ago. Let's make it more ridiculous.

I have both Windows 10 version on the same PC, x32 and x64, need it for certain programs.

x32 case
    Feedback Hub not working, only circling dots. Updated to the newest version, nothing changed, Feedback Hub not working, it only opens start screen, when I press Add New Feedback, then I got circling dots.

x64 case
    Feedback Hub works

The network I use is the same. It is probably something in their programing (mean Microsoft) since I assume it wants to connect to some their server but the line in the program for Feedback Hub is not written correctly.

I have almost same situation with Microsoft Store tiles in start menu. In x64 Store changes tiles as it should be but in x32 version I got only starting suitcase tile with no live tile change at all.

Tried every re-register and re-install ideas, but situation with Feedback Hub and Microsoft Store remained the same on x32 platform or better said, not working.

dzigibau, Jul 13, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User

I found another VM which I haven't used for a while, which has Windows 10 Home and Feedback Hub version 1.1612.10312.0.

And this one works! I used the Winkey+F keyboard combination and it created a new feedback item which I could add comments to and Submit.

You may be able to find it from the version no. ("1.1708.2831.0") if you search for that?

I should perhaps have mentioned that my failing machines are all running W10 Pro - perhaps that's a factor?

But the fact that I seemingly *can* log Feedback from a VM running an older version of the Hub app suggests it's not an ISP blocking issue. (That and the fact I still get the problem over my WiFi gizmo.)

I'm still stumped though - everything I can test here points to the app itself being flaky in the newer versions, but then why does it work for others?

Incidentally I started a thread over on Microsoft Answers as well:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-bf3cf28ef950

DavidY, Jul 13, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Settings does offer this if you dig a bit from the Apps & Features list

When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community? - Similar Threads - should Feedback Hub

2. should I use libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I use libraries: hello,I save all my files in one folder. Should I start using libraries and put different files in the right library?Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-libraries/fe794f32-7058-4ce8-895d-3a46c50937e6
  3. should I use libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should I use libraries: hello,I save all my files in one folder. Should I start using libraries and put different files in the right library?Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-libraries/fe794f32-7058-4ce8-895d-3a46c50937e6
  4. should I use a VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I use a VPN: should I use a VPN on a laptop?as an example when using a public internet connection?Many articles in magazines and websites say they are less secure than not using a VPN and should only be used if when working from home to an employers websiteSo what is the correct answer?...
  5. should I use a VPN

should I use a VPN: should I use a VPN on a laptop?as an example when using a public internet connection?Many articles in magazines and websites say they are less secure than not using a VPN and should only be used if when working from home to an employers websiteSo what is the correct answer?...
  6. should I use a VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Using Feedback Hub

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using Feedback Hub: Due to Microsoft's new policy for setting up Windows 10 PCs caused me a serious problem with privacy and security of my personal data. I've previously raised that on this forum and it's been suggested I use the Feedback Hub to report and get this problem fixed. However, I've...
  8. I think Feedback Hub should be replaced by a forum.

I think Feedback Hub should be replaced by a forum.: We've had Feedback Hub for a couple of years and it's riddled with problems.. * No discoverability of issues - Issues get lost, not good browsing experience. * No effective search facility - no search by date, multiple search terms don't work correctly. * No ability to...
  9. Should I use Autoruns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I use Autoruns?: I have made a Clean Install *Smile Plan to use the Video Editor and Voice Editor in Windows 10 and Webex Team Meetings Can someone help me with configuration options in Autoruns and Process Monitor? 155200
  10. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?: When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?...