Windows 10: when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info

Discus and support when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As seen above I am able to enter the shrink C: drive menu, but no matter the amount I put in currently at 20gb seen in photo the shrnk button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngusPriddle, Jun 7, 2020.

1. when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info

when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info 19b01493-56b0-40e9-8aee-49887f130bf5?upload=true.png

As seen above I am able to enter the shrink C: drive menu, but no matter the amount I put in currently at 20gb seen in photo the shrnk button is greyed out. None of the other boxes are editable.

:)

AngusPriddle, Jun 7, 2020

2. W10 Partition shrinking/expanding

Recently expanded my 'System Reserved' partition in order to install W10 1903 release.

However, expanded it by far too much, so now need to shrink and reallocate to may main Drive C .

If I shrink, will the newly unallocated space automatically be placed next to my Drive C (so as to allow me then to extend my main Drive C partition?

EamonnHerlihy, Jun 7, 2020
  3. How shrink the big C:\

Hello all:

I have a w10 of HP 15-au123d.

I am going to do clean-installation. Before that I want to reduce/shrink

the 488 GB big C:\ partition.

I open the "Create and format hard disk partitions" and right-click the

c:\ partition and click "shrink" It says:

Size of available Shrink Space 0

How can I shrink/reduce this so big partition? -- Zhao

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

HonglinZhao, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Gr1dL0cK Win User

when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info

C drive Shrinking problem

Hi i cant seem to shrink my C drive partition when I try an error message is displayed "The Parameter Is Incorrect" The C drive Partition is on a SSD card and It has 45GB of free space left over Im not sure on what to do...

Gr1dL0cK, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info

1. when shrinking my C: drive to create a partition, I shrink button greyed out more info - Similar Threads - shrinking drive create

2. having trouble shrinking my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having trouble shrinking my C drive: I tried all the basic steps required for shrinking my C drive, and nothing work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-shrinking-my-c-drive/c7c37e40-4581-4f3f-98ad-5e7d01591494
  3. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  4. Unable to shrink a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to shrink a partition: I have a new SSD and am trying to install Windows Home from a USB drive. I can see in Disk Management several partitions that Windows created, but Windows fails to install due to error 0x8007025D. One suggestion from Microsoft is to reduce the partition to 125GB currently...
  5. Shrinking C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking C: Drive: I want to shrink my C: drive but it seems that I can't shrink it beyond 17440mb. Why is that? I tried some solution. I disabled auto managing of page file for all drives. I even ran a SFC scan. But it is not solved. The picture is attached below: [ATTACH]...
  6. Shrinking volume of c drive

Shrinking volume of c drive: On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only . I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened. I want to create a new partition but the max size available for that is only 200 mb. Help!!!!...
  7. My drive c is shrinking?

My drive c is shrinking?: So it has been a week that I notice my drive c is shrinking....is it normal? I got some error on my drive c about data loss but that caused by a force shutdown...and im not planning to reinstall my windows if that's your answer I don't have any important data expect main...
  8. Shrinking C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shrinking C: drive: Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?...
  9. How do I shrink my C: partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I shrink my C: partition?: I have a Plex server that I want to dual boot with openSUSE Linux. On a Windows partition that has about 150GB of free space, I can shrink that partition only about 17GB. I ran the Windows disk defragmenter and Defraggler and there has been no difference since running the...
  10. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

shrink size of c drive while partitioning: Error "Access is denied" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shrink-size-of-c-drive-while-partitioning/9d56b50a-0b10-406b-bdd5-0bb96bdf9791"