Windows 10: when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files

Discus and support when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to download a few games off steam and I only put my pc to sleep but seems it did the update and restarted itself and now I have lost the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by louisdownes, Aug 13, 2021.

1. when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files

I'm trying to download a few games off steam and I only put my pc to sleep but seems it did the update and restarted itself and now I have lost the download progress to my games and some extra files. How do I fix this?

:)

louisdownes, Aug 13, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 13, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files :confused:*Mad when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Aug 13, 2021
  4. CyrrusV Win User

when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files

1. when shut down or restarted it doesn't save files - Similar Threads - shut down restarted

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  7. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  8. Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work: Hello, I am here to say that my windows doesn't shut down when i ask it to. Do any of you have a fix for this? Thank you for your time reading this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-shut-down-restart-doesnt-work/ae02e2a6-69f4-4a9c-b2b4-31c68bf20463
  9. restarts when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restarts when shut down: I have a problem with shutdown my laptop restarts whenever I shutdown or power off my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-when-shut-down/a2cc7d92-bc0e-4838-85af-70e1ca295558
  10. grey screen when restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    grey screen when restarting or shutting down: I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the...