Windows 10: When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

Discus and support When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. This used to not happen to me. How to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mr.J03, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Mr.J03 Win User

When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. This used to not happen to me. How to fix this?

:)

Mr.J03, Sep 20, 2021

2. Internet Explorer 7 slow to shut down???

Caching uses more ram so when u have a cleared cache ram usage is lower which takes a bit faster to shut down.

spearman914, Sep 20, 2021
  3. File explorer shutting down

Hi Michael,

Setting your computer in a clean boot state will help us identify if the issue is coming from a third-party application or startup items. We suggest that you perform a clean boot on your computer by following this

link
    . You can refer to the steps that have been provided by our Support Engineer Geethu B posted last
    April 2, 2016 to one of our Community member's issues.

We'll waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Sep 20, 2021
  4. When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

File Explorer shuts down

When I have been trying to delete a file from File Explorer, say a Word file or a Download, as soon as I right click and hit Delete, File Explorer shuts down. I have Windows 10 - if that helps.

Thanks.

MarciaHunter, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

1. When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. - Similar Threads - shutting down need

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  5. Always shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Always shuts down when lid is closed: When I close my laptops lid windows will shutdown Instead of sleeping? (Windows pro N on dell latitude e6420) submitted by /u/Miner142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnfoq7/always_shuts_down_when_lid_is_closed/
  6. Shut Down when closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  7. One app needs closing on shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app needs closing on shut down: Hi all, Whenever I close my laptop down, there is always one app that won't close and I have to 'force' it to close? I'm not sure if it's a generic icon, but the one that appears is a finger on a button. Where do I look to see what program this is please? (I knew XP like...
  8. BSOD before shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD before shutting down: When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/) Here is the minidump file:...
  9. File Explorer shuts down by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shuts down by itself: When I open File Explorer it immediately shuts down. Then I need to reopen it 1 or 2 times & then it is okay. Hope someone can help. Many Thanks, 52068
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...