Windows 10: When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in...

Discus and support When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This was the sign in options when I tried to log in, nobody else has used my laptop and the email doesn't belong to anyone I know. I am not sure if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yam_405, Oct 1, 2022.

1. yam_405 Win User

When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in...

This was the sign in options when I tried to log in, nobody else has used my laptop and the email doesn't belong to anyone I know. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but would like some advice on how to deal with this.

:)

yam_405, Oct 1, 2022

2. My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account.

Go here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-c9ba8ba0e00b
    click on the link under this item
    Sign in to Manage how you sign in to Microsoft with your Microsoft account. If you’re having issues signing in to your Microsoft account, go to Microsoft account help.

Then enter the AOL details
    they will send a verification email to your nominated security check - email address or whatever you set up as a security check
    When you have passed that proceed and choose as shown on the microsoft link
    If you want to use an existing email address or phone number, go to step 6.
    Under Sign-in preferences, select Change sign-in preferences.

setting it as your Outlook account

Macboatmaster, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Oct 1, 2022
  4. mdv88keys Win User

When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in...

My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account.

Thanks again. I went to: Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account/Manage how you sign in to Microsoft

This didn't work. The screen capture above is when I entered the Outlook information accidentally . When I enter the AOL information like you said to (I missed that the first time), I still get:

When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in... [​IMG]

There's no Outlook option shown or given, and when I try to add another email (the Outlook email) it just tells me that that email is all ready taken, and doesn't do anything. The Sign-in Preferences doesn't help, it doesn't list the Outlook account as actually being there. It just shows the AOL address, and then the name of the AOL address without the @ information.

I must be missing something. Sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this possibly because I do have the Outlook account on my computer and there is no way to move aliases from one Microsoft account to another?

mdv88keys, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

1. When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in... - Similar Threads - signing Microsoft's Phone

2. Phone Link does not start when I sign in to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link does not start when I sign in to windows: I've enabled it within task manager start up items, as well as added a shortcut to the start up folder. I've also created a task scheduler task for it, but to no avail. I notice within the app it shows "The administrator has disabled this functionality" below app behavior and...
  3. Phone Link does not start when I sign in to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link does not start when I sign in to windows: I've enabled it within task manager start up items, as well as added a shortcut to the start up folder. I've also created a task scheduler task for it, but to no avail. I notice within the app it shows "The administrator has disabled this functionality" below app behavior and...
  4. Windows Phone Link freezing on sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Phone Link freezing on sign in: I'm attempting to link my phone and windows laptop through the Phone Link app. On my laptop after clicking the "get started button" it puts me past the "sign in" page to the "pair devices" page. The program prompts me to sign in on a separate window every time it tries to...
  5. Windows Phone Link freezing on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone Link freezing on sign in: I'm attempting to link my phone and windows laptop through the Phone Link app. On my laptop after clicking the "get started button" it puts me past the "sign in" page to the "pair devices" page. The program prompts me to sign in on a separate window every time it tries to...
  6. Windows Phone Link freezing on sign in

7. When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in...

When signing into Microsoft's Phone Link I was recommended an unknown email as a sign in...: This was the sign in options when I tried to log in, nobody else has used my laptop and the email doesn't belong to anyone I know. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but would like some advice on how to deal with this....
  8. microsoft authenticator unknown sign in requests

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft authenticator unknown sign in requests: Every now and then I get on my Windows PC an unknown sign in request see screenshot below.I have no idea what application is doing it and why.The approve prompt on the phone MS Authenticator app does not give any details either.How can I find out who or what is asking for...
  9. Link to phone for Android stuck on sign in

Link to phone for Android stuck on sign in: Currently attempting to use Link to Phone on Windows 10. It is stuck on "Link to Windows and sign in with" window on Windows 10 while both my online windows account and my phone show that I am logged on. I have already reset everything, twice. I can ping my phone from my...
  10. "Unknown Script code(1)" when signing in to email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Unknown Script code(1)" when signing in to email: When ask for my password on email windows 10, I view source, drop down on Dynamic script. At the bottom there is an Unknown script code(1) that it highlights with a red circle. I have tried to disable or delete and can do neither. * Moved from Health & Band * Original...