Windows 10: When starting a vm i get a bsod

Discus and support When starting a vm i get a bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, so i wanted to start a virtual machine trough vmware workstation. But then suddenly get bsod with the error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhysXP, Dec 15, 2018.

1. PhysXP Win User

When starting a vm i get a bsod

Hey,

so i wanted to start a virtual machine trough vmware workstation.

But then suddenly get bsod with the error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Tried all the options like:

1. Reset

2. SFC

3. Windows Memory diagnostics

and with scans there where no problems found..

Any help?, thanks

a picture of bsod:When starting a vm i get a bsod [​IMG]

:)

PhysXP, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Heinzi Win User

Windows 10 VM suddenly BSODs

I have a Windows 10 Hyper-V VM running on a Windows 10 host.

• Until yesterday, everything worked fine.
    • Since yesterday, the guest VM bluescreens with an error code 0xc000021a immediately after starting.
    • Resetting the VM to an earlier snapshot (taken months ago) won't fix the issue - the same BSOD occurs.

Thus, I can only think of two possible reasons:

• Some new problem on the host (unlikely, since all other VMs work fine) or
    • some undetected bit flip in the base vhdx file (which, according to the NTFS modified date, has not been touched for months).

Are there any other possible explanations that I am missing?

Heinzi, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs

Hi experts!

Oracle VM VirtualBox v5.0.20r106931 installed on build 14332 this week.

BSODs when starting both custom and preconstructed VMs - in this case a lucid puppy linux 5.2.0 from Puppy Linux | VirtualBoxes - Free VirtualBox® Images as well as a elementaryos linux vdi made under an earlier windows10 (created Dec 28 2015)

Virtualbox logs included in BSOD debug zipfile

A few seconds after starting the VM, a BSOD occurs, which seemed to take a very long time to complete the WER process and reboot.

Attachment 77748

Fafhrd, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

BSOD when starting games on Win 10

Hi Gibbinold,

Thank you for Replying back with the status of this issue.

Try the steps and check if it helps to resolve your issue.

Step 1: You can update drivers from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button, type
      Device Manager andEnter.

• Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.
    • Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Step 2: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select Properties
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.
    Also I would suggest you to check for BIOS updates from the Manufacturer Website and check if it helps.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. When starting a vm i get a bsod - Similar Threads - starting bsod

2. PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.: I'll start by stating the obvious. I live in Indonesia, more accurately Bali this will come in later, regarding the pc, I have checked the hardware and yes I have sent the parts back to the seller for checking and additionally went to a technician to check my PC. They both...
  3. PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.: I'll start by stating the obvious. I live in Indonesia, more accurately Bali this will come in later, regarding the pc, I have checked the hardware and yes I have sent the parts back to the seller for checking and additionally went to a technician to check my PC. They both...
  4. I Keep getting bsod it started as a Kernel Security Check failure reset my computer now im...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Keep getting bsod it started as a Kernel Security Check failure reset my computer now im...: I have encountered a series of issues with my computer. Initially, I suspected a problem with my RAM, as I was experiencing issues with the dump file and Kernel Security Check failure. However, I performed a complete reset and reinstalled Windows over the cloud, and the...
  5. I Keep getting bsod it started as a Kernel Security Check failure reset my computer now im...

I Keep getting bsod it started as a Kernel Security Check failure reset my computer now im...: I have encountered a series of issues with my computer. Initially, I suspected a problem with my RAM, as I was experiencing issues with the dump file and Kernel Security Check failure. However, I performed a complete reset and reinstalled Windows over the cloud, and the...
  6. I Keep getting bsod it started as a Kernel Security Check failure reset my computer now im...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I keep getting this BSOD crashed <the first time> I start my computer every day!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this BSOD crashed <the first time> I start my computer every day!: Hello,I have this problem that my PC crashes the first time I start it every day, after it restarts after BSOD it neve crashed again.Windows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22631 x64Windows dir:C:\WindowsHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX X670E-F...
  8. I keep getting this BSOD crashed <the first time> I start my computer every day!

I keep getting this BSOD crashed <the first time> I start my computer every day!: Hello,I have this problem that my PC crashes the first time I start it every day, after it restarts after BSOD it neve crashed again.Windows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22631 x64Windows dir:C:\WindowsHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX X670E-F...
  9. Intel i5 13600k and Intelppm.sys BSODs when Start value = 3 in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel i5 13600k and Intelppm.sys BSODs when Start value = 3 in registry: I have spent the better part of the last two days trying to solve this issue - not sure where it started but my girlfriend's PC specs:MSI z690-A pro MOBOi5-13600k 3.49ghz32GB DDR5 Kingston Fury RamRTX 4060 TiWindows 11 HomeWhen this whole mess started it was running windows...
  10. Intel i5 13600k and Intelppm.sys BSODs when Start value = 3 in registry

Intel i5 13600k and Intelppm.sys BSODs when Start value = 3 in registry: I have spent the better part of the last two days trying to solve this issue - not sure where it started but my girlfriend's PC specs:MSI z690-A pro MOBOi5-13600k 3.49ghz32GB DDR5 Kingston Fury RamRTX 4060 TiWindows 11 HomeWhen this whole mess started it was running windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when starting vm BSOD with system service Exception and error Kernel Power

2. windows bsod when starting a vm