Windows 10: When starting it - LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - DARK/BLACK SCREEN

Discus and support When starting it - LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - DARK/BLACK SCREEN in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP Pavilion Elite m9372.gr Desktop PC 2008-2009 serial number : ************* part_number : FZ110AA-B1A purchaseyear : 2009-03-** INTEL Core 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lse123polis, Apr 2, 2021.

1. When starting it - LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - DARK/BLACK SCREEN

HP Pavilion Elite m9372.gr Desktop PC 2008-2009
    serial number : *************

part_number : FZ110AA-B1A

purchaseyear : 2009-03-**

INTEL Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz RAM 8GB / 64BIT OS,

WINDOWS 10 HOME

OLD PROBLEM REAPPEARED - this symptom existed in the past but bypassed -

I use this PC at most 2-3 times a month --- because having other newer PC

PC now Do Not startup - ANALYTICALLY:

When starting it - pressing Power ON - LED is blue in front of, to indicate Power ON, Fan is working

but, Do Not light the LED for HDD/SSD

LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS[/COLOR] - DARK/BLACK SCREEN

NEEDed force to shut down by pressing Power-On for 5-seconds

Sometimes auto restart when forced to shut down with the same problem, and sometimes Not restart auto

what to try ????

:)

Lse123polis, Apr 2, 2021

2. Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Greenturtle116, Apr 2, 2021
  3. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

When starting it - LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - DARK/BLACK SCREEN

HDMI Windows 10 not showing in playback devices

Hi Inderpal,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you tried using another monitor on the same computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

When starting it - LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - DARK/BLACK SCREEN

1. When starting it - LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - DARK/BLACK SCREEN - Similar Threads - starting LCD MONITOR

2. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor: Hi Guys,I've been facing this issue for a few days now and not getting a 100% relevant info on how to fix it.I recently got 2 HP AIO Systems i7/16MB/1TB/Win10 Pro with 2 HP Monitors. Each AIO system is connected with a monitor using HDMI and I am facing the same challenge...
  3. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor: Hi Guys,I've been facing this issue for a few days now and not getting a 100% relevant info on how to fix it.I recently got 2 HP AIO Systems i7/16MB/1TB/Win10 Pro with 2 HP Monitors. Each AIO system is connected with a monitor using HDMI and I am facing the same challenge...
  4. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor decreases in brightness when showing a black/dark backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor decreases in brightness when showing a black/dark backgrounds: Hi everyone, I have a 27 inch Sceptre 144hz monitor which decreases in brightness when it's displaying a mostly black background.I have two Windows machines: Windows 10 with an AMD RX 480 and Windows 11 with a NVIDIA 3060 ti which I've tried connecting with HDMI and...
  6. Monitor decreases in brightness when showing a black/dark backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor decreases in brightness when showing a black/dark backgrounds: Hi everyone, I have a 27 inch Sceptre 144hz monitor which decreases in brightness when it's displaying a mostly black background.I have two Windows machines: Windows 10 with an AMD RX 480 and Windows 11 with a NVIDIA 3060 ti which I've tried connecting with HDMI and...
  7. Black screen shows nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen shows nothing: Hi guys . Yesterday my laptop Model : NX.A23SV.004 requested to update the operating system. But while updating, my laptop shows the message "The upgrade process has been suspended because your battery charge is too low. Please plug in a power source; the process will...
  8. LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - No signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LCD MONITOR HDMI SHOWS NOTHING NEITHER FOR BIOS - No signal: HP Pavilion Elite m9372.gr Desktop PC 2008-2009 serial number : ************* part_number : FZ110AA-B1A purchaseyear : 2009-03-** INTEL Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz RAM 8GB / 64BIT OS, WINDOWS 10 HOME OLD PROBLEM REAPPEARED - this symptom existed in the past but...
  9. Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop monitor is broken, BIOS don't show on HDMI: I need to change my laptop's HDD, after creating a UEFI bootable with the media creation tool, I just can't see the BIOS or installation from HDMI monitor. I was thinking about installing windows first with the old HDD, by having the new HDD connected with a sata/usb3.0...
  10. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in: In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?...