Windows 10: When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

Discus and support When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How is a right click mouse done on a laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by terrencemurdock, Nov 8, 2018.

1. When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

How is a right click mouse done on a laptop?

:)

terrencemurdock, Nov 8, 2018

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Jim_Green Win User
    Right mouse click in laptop not working but USB mouse is ok.

I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago. The laptop mouse and an external cordless USB mouse have worked fine until a few days ago. Now the right click on the laptop mouse is not responding: no context menus on file explorer
    or other programmes - no right-click reaction in my third party picture editor where left and right clicks should paint different colours.

Yet the external mouse works just fine.

I've checked for driver updates and got the message that the mouse driver is up to date. I've run the "Control Panel>Fix Problems" and "Control Panel>Run Maintenance Tasks" without any problems being found.

Interestingly: I tried Control Panel to switch primary and secondary mouse buttons. This worked as intended for the external mouse, but had no effect on the laptop mouse - i.e. the left button was still the primary ("Select") button, and right button still
    did nothing.

Suggestions???

Jim_Green, Nov 8, 2018
  4. When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

1. When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse? - Similar Threads - switching desktop laptop

2. Left-handed: How do you switch left and right click on Precision trackpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed: How do you switch left and right click on Precision trackpad?: As a left-handed person, I am unable to use the trackpad on my new 7770 Precision Laptop. I have the Precision Trackpad with preinstalled MS drivers. I have read over everything and can't find anything or any screen with this option. Did you eliminate accessibility support...
  3. Left-handed: How do you switch left and right click on Precision trackpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed: How do you switch left and right click on Precision trackpad?: As a left-handed person, I am unable to use the trackpad on my new 7770 Precision Laptop. I have the Precision Trackpad with preinstalled MS drivers. I have read over everything and can't find anything or any screen with this option. Did you eliminate accessibility support...
  4. Left-handed: How do you switch left and right click on Precision trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do you enable clicking on alt+tab icons when switched to the 'Classic' style?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you enable clicking on alt+tab icons when switched to the 'Classic' style?: Hate the Windows 10 default alt+tab look/menu so I switched it back to the old style and was wondering how do you enable being able to click the icons to bring them back up like on Windows 7 submitted by /u/MrChangg [link] [comments]...
  6. How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop?: Both desktop and laptop are running Windows 10 x64. Most of the personal folders (on PC and laptop) have an identical structure . The folders on my PC are the 'source' (base), i.e. the folders on the laptop should be a mirror of the folders on PC. Right now, I use a backup...
  7. How Do I Map Right-Click to a Button On My Mouse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Map Right-Click to a Button On My Mouse?: So something broke inside of the right side of my mouse making it to where I can’t right click on anything anymore. Is it possible to somehow map the right-click function to another button on my mouse (since there are two extra buttons on the side)? submitted by...
  8. How do you decouple the external monitor "desktop" from your laptop's "desktop"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you decouple the external monitor "desktop" from your laptop's "desktop": I'm working on a new Dell Windows 10 laptop after working for many years on a Mac. I am trying to do something very simple - put some applications on my external monitor to work on while I use multiple desktops on my laptop's screen. For some reason that I cannot understand,...
  9. how do right click using a touch pad and cursor - not a mouse

how do right click using a touch pad and cursor - not a mouse: how do you right click using just a touch pad - not a mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-right-click-using-a-touch-pad-and-cursor/fdbf5a75-ffb0-43ca-804d-3974dca95e54
  10. How do you scroll desktop from left to right?

How do you scroll desktop from left to right?: How do you scroll the desktop (with the aps) in Windows 10 from left to right instead of up and down. I used my landlord's laptop and his scrolled right to left but he didn't make it that way so he doesn't know. Also is there a way to get rid of the Xbox ap? 36992