Windows 10: When tab is pressed it seems to highlight random icons.

Discus and support When tab is pressed it seems to highlight random icons. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I press tab it'll highlight a random icon (Chrome for example), and also in other applications. It'll have a white box around the icon too. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gammarevived, Nov 4, 2020.

1. When tab is pressed it seems to highlight random icons.

When I press tab it'll highlight a random icon (Chrome for example), and also in other applications. It'll have a white box around the icon too. It's very annoying, and I'm not sure how to disable it.

submitted by /u/Gammarevived
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gammarevived, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Nov 4, 2020
  3. WIN 10 Icon highlighting

Greetings I have WIN10 in OCT I developed an issue where my icons light up one at a time this is like my cursor is going over every tab on my home page then across the task bar. I cannot even open up a window to search for help as the cursor won't quit highlighting
    ever one of my icons or tabs one at a time so I had to borrow a mac to ask this question. No matter what I open by clicking on it I cannot type as my cursor continues to go from tab to tab then icon to icon then across the taskbar and everything in it. I have
    tried looking for an answer and tried all the fixes that show up for icon and backlighting etc I cannot find a thread with this problem.

I did use my recovery disc and the problem was still there after recovery.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

BrianBarker5, Nov 4, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

When tab is pressed it seems to highlight random icons.

black icons

Try rebuilding the Windows icon cache:
    • Close all explorer/folder windows that are currently open;
    • Run/Open a new Console window as Administrator;
    • Launch "Task Manager" using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, or by running taskmgr.exe;
    • In the Process tab, right-click on the explorer.exe process and select End Process.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
      Code: CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local ATTRIB -H IconCache.db DEL IconCache.db EXIT[/quote]
    • Close the Console;
    • In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…), type explorer.exe, and click OK.
    • Close the Task Manager;

temp02, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

When tab is pressed it seems to highlight random icons.

1. When tab is pressed it seems to highlight random icons. - Similar Threads - tab pressed seems

2. Different brightness for active tabs highlighting the tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different brightness for active tabs highlighting the tab: Hi,I would appreciate any help solving this issue.Every time I am splitting my screen and clicking on a certain tab the other tabs, including my Home Screen is dimming while the “active” tab is in full brightness.Does anyone knows how to change this?...
  3. Different brightness for active tabs highlighting the tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different brightness for active tabs highlighting the tab: Hi,I would appreciate any help solving this issue.Every time I am splitting my screen and clicking on a certain tab the other tabs, including my Home Screen is dimming while the “active” tab is in full brightness.Does anyone knows how to change this?...
  4. Disappearing desktop icons and tabs reloading when keys are pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing desktop icons and tabs reloading when keys are pressed: Hi!I need some help. I've noticed lately that sometimes my desktop icons randomly disappear and come back again either by restarting my laptop or going into another window.With web tabs when I type in the search bar, sometimes the tab reloads when a random key is pressed.How...
  5. Disappearing desktop icons and tabs reloading when keys are pressed

Disappearing desktop icons and tabs reloading when keys are pressed: Hi!I need some help. I've noticed lately that sometimes my desktop icons randomly disappear and come back again either by restarting my laptop or going into another window.With web tabs when I type in the search bar, sometimes the tab reloads when a random key is pressed.How...
  6. Disappearing desktop icons and tabs reloading when keys are pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  8. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  9. Clicking in my Taskbar is like pressing tab on highlighted options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking in my Taskbar is like pressing tab on highlighted options.: So, this is one of the most irritating bugs I've encountered on Windows and I'm like 5 seconds from punching a hole in my wall. I can't wait for the automated response bots to not read my query and post the same fix that doesn't **** work. I've been trying to set my phone as...
  10. Taskbar seems to glitch when alt-tabbing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar seems to glitch when alt-tabbing: Posted in wrong section, please delete. 11274