Windows 10: When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder

Discus and support When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I want to open a folder on my pc file explorer or desktop folder. It goes straight to delete folder. How can I fix it. And the delete folder you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaco 47, Apr 8, 2020.

1. jaco 47 Win User

When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder

When I want to open a folder on my pc file explorer or desktop folder. It goes straight to delete folder. How can I fix it. And the delete folder you have to click it more than six times to remove.

:)

jaco 47, Apr 8, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 8, 2020
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder :(

lyndonguitar, Apr 8, 2020
  4. When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder

Help!! Can not delete folder

Thanks,
    Killbox beta worked great. I set it to delete on reboot. I was then able to Manually delete the folder.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder

1. When tapping on a folder it directly goes to delete folder - Similar Threads - tapping folder directly

2. re-direct folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-direct folders: My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting rather large and takes up a lot of space on my C drive. I would like to transfer that document folder from my C drive to my D...
  3. re-direct folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re-direct folders: My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting rather large and takes up a lot of space on my C drive. I would like to transfer that document folder from my C drive to my D...
  4. Delete mail directly from Spam folder in Microsoft mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete mail directly from Spam folder in Microsoft mail: If I delete mail from my spam folder, it is moved to my trash folder. I then have to delete it again. It is time consuming as I keep some of the trash for a couple of months. The spam folder has messages that I want to delete immediately. Blocking a site really does not work...
  5. Delete mail directly from Spam folder in Microsoft mail

Delete mail directly from Spam folder in Microsoft mail: If I delete mail from my spam folder, it is moved to my trash folder. I then have to delete it again. It is time consuming as I keep some of the trash for a couple of months. The spam folder has messages that I want to delete immediately. Blocking a site really does not work...
  6. Folder Re-Direction

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Re-Direction: Dear ExpertsGood day. Hope my message finds you well. I have an issue with a redirection policy :My company used the folder re-direction policy to move the documents from Local user profile to a server path \\server\%userprofile%\Documents.In the policy settings the Option...
  7. Folder Re-Direction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Re-Direction: Dear ExpertsGood day. Hope my message finds you well. I have an issue with a redirection policy :My company used the folder re-direction policy to move the documents from Local user profile to a server path \\server\%userprofile%\Documents.In the policy settings the Option...
  8. Folder Re-Direction

9. Folder Will Not Delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Will Not Delete: I have a folder on my Desktop that refuses to delete. It happened after moving some of its contents to another location.Msg states its ‘No longer in D:\Desktop (which is where my Desktop resides).Although folder properties show that’s exactly where it is.Tried ‘taking...
  10. Folders Will Not Delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders Will Not Delete: I have several Folders on my PC that can not be deleted because they seem to be residing on some other device. Is there a way to get around this and deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-will-not-delete/2582ad95-492a-4f3c-bd22-2850c39af1af"