Windows 10: When task manager is open, shows that CPU is at 90% for a split second but then goes back...

Discus and support When task manager is open, shows that CPU is at 90% for a split second but then goes back... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I open my task manager, I see for a split second that my CPU is at +90% and that task manager itself skyrockets and settles down. However when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob44_678, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Bob44_678 Win User

When task manager is open, shows that CPU is at 90% for a split second but then goes back...

Whenever I open my task manager, I see for a split second that my CPU is at +90% and that task manager itself skyrockets and settles down. However when I'm using Process Monitor, there's no sign of my CPU jumping up that high. I've run scans using Trend Micro and have found no issues. Is this a bug or some sort of virus that's not being detected?

:)

Bob44_678, Mar 16, 2019

2. PC immediately hangs when opening Task Manager and has to be restarted

So in the last few days whenever i open Task Manager it shows CPU usage at 100% and Task Manager is always at the top when i filter by CPU usage. System becomes unresponsive and when i click lose on a window it disappears for a split second then reappears.
    Only happens if i go to open task manager.

ShaunBarclay, Mar 16, 2019
  3. GaneshS2 Win User
    Opening Task Manager Changes CPU Usage from 100% -> Normal (Windows 10). [SOLVED]

I could maybe buy that the processor might spike to 100% for a moment while opening task manager. But that still doesn't explain why the processor is running at 100%
    before I open it. Mind that the computer is just idle. If I leave task manager open my CPU never goes over 5% while idle which definitively shows that having task manager open is preventing the CPU from going over.

GaneshS2, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

When task manager is open, shows that CPU is at 90% for a split second but then goes back...

Task Manager shows single CPU

Windows 7 used to show a CPU graph for each processor in Task Manager, but 10 by default shows just one graph for overall CPU utilisation. You can show separate CPU graphs in Task Manager if you wish, right-click on the graph and select Change graph to > Logical processors.

Thema:

1. When task manager is open, shows that CPU is at 90% for a split second but then goes back... - Similar Threads - task manager open

2. Opening Task Manager briefly shows CPU usage of 90%+, then immediately goes down to 10-20%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Task Manager briefly shows CPU usage of 90%+, then immediately goes down to 10-20%.: I know CPU usage spikes are normal when opening task manager, but the ones I'm getting range from a 30% , to an 80% increase, wondering if this is normal or if something should be done. Didn't think much of it before, but I just got a spike up to 98% and it got me worried....
  3. Opening Task Manager briefly shows CPU usage of 90%+, then immediately goes down to 10-20%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Task Manager briefly shows CPU usage of 90%+, then immediately goes down to 10-20%.: I know CPU usage spikes are normal when opening task manager, but the ones I'm getting range from a 30% , to an 80% increase, wondering if this is normal or if something should be done. Didn't think much of it before, but I just got a spike up to 98% and it got me worried....
  4. Opening Task Manager briefly shows CPU usage of 90%+, then immediately goes down to 10-20%.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU usage at 100%. Goes back to normal after opening Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage at 100%. Goes back to normal after opening Task Manager: [ATTACH] Hello. I've recently encountered a problem with my CPU's usage percentage. The picture below shows the state of my PC in idle state. No third party programs are running in the background. It's just desktop and HWInfo. The CPU usage sits on 100% until I run Task...
  6. CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.: I have been having the problem of my CPU being at 100% usage when Opening task manager, But after 1 second or less it goes back down to regular levels. 8%-20%. I am on a laptop, My specs are; An i7-8750h, I have a 1050ti 4GB. I am running 12 gb's of ram. This problem occurs...
  7. CPU usage is at 40% right when I open task manager than 1 second later it goes back down to...

CPU usage is at 40% right when I open task manager than 1 second later it goes back down to...: I have tried every possible solution yet my CPU usage is really high when I open task manager I even went to the extents of running the Tron script and I am still having this issue if anyone has any idea on how to fix it than please inform me...
  8. 90% CPU usage until I open task manager

90% CPU usage until I open task manager: When I open task manager my cpu usage is at 90% for like a second and then it goes back down to 5%. During that time I can see that Task Manager and Runtime Broker is at high power usage and then they go back down. This is NOT slowing down my pc but I'm afraid that it could...
  9. task manager shows 100% for a split second and then returns to normal.

task manager shows 100% for a split second and then returns to normal.: Hi, My cpu fan runs at full speed. To check this when i opened the task manager it shows cpu usage at 100% and then suddenly it fell to 5% or so. Then again i closed the task manager and reopened it again. Again the same thing happened. I searched the internet for answers...
  10. CPU at 100% that goes away when opening Task Manager

CPU at 100% that goes away when opening Task Manager: Hi, So I have had this issue for a while but I was curious if there was a reason for this and if it is possible to stop it. This is Windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga 910. Occassionally, my CPU will be working very hard and is generally at 100% usage. I can tell because my fan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome dissapears from task manager before opening

2. when I first click on task manager system interupts is at 90%