Windows 10: When TASK VIEW BUTTON enabled, first icon in taskbar is obscured

Discus and support When TASK VIEW BUTTON enabled, first icon in taskbar is obscured in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Win 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop with Intel i5 CPU. It was installed as an upgrade in place, not a clean install. I am also using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KenY7744, Aug 2, 2015.

1. KenY7744 Win User

When TASK VIEW BUTTON enabled, first icon in taskbar is obscured

I am using Win 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop with Intel i5 CPU. It was installed as an upgrade in place, not a clean install. I am also using Start10 from Stardock Software.

When I enable the Task View Button, the first icon in each row of taskbar is obscured. If I toggle the show task view off and then on again, I can then see the first icons in the taskbar, but they go away after any other application runs. Also, the task view button sometimes disappears along with the first icon.

I also have Win 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10162 on a Toshiba laptop, and this problem occurs on the Toshiba as well.

I'd love to hear from anyone who had this problem and what they did to resolve it.

:)

KenY7744, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10-Task View - "New Desktop" icon missing

Right-click Taskbar and enable "Show Task View button". This shows the
    Task View
    icon in the taskbar.

As for "New Desktop" icon missing in the Task View screen, this happens if you're in Tablet mode. Task View Window "New Desktop"
    Button Missing in Windows 10

To turn off Tablet mode, click the Action Center icon in the Notification area and turn off the
    Tablet mode toggle switch.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 2, 2015
  3. phineasts Win User
    Task bar hides Print and Apply buttons

Windows 10 taskbar obscures the print button when I go to print, also the apply button, so I can't change anything. How can I enable and disable the taskbar at will?

phineasts, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

When TASK VIEW BUTTON enabled, first icon in taskbar is obscured

1. When TASK VIEW BUTTON enabled, first icon in taskbar is obscured - Similar Threads - TASK VIEW BUTTON

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task View button

Task View button: I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View button, I would typically want them together or in sequence by program, eg. all the MS Word docs at least next to each other, PDFs...
  6. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  7. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...
  8. Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shows icon plus task view description: I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after clicking and connecting. Then I tried the Show The Task View Button and since then in the task bar I see the icon plus a task...
  9. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199