Windows 10: When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top

Discus and support When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-pinned-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . The best case would be to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ilia48rus, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Ilia48rus Win User

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top

When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-pinned-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons .

The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top of the icons or at the bottom .

But while there is no such, is it possible to move them to the bottom, maybe via registry edit ?

:)

Ilia48rus, Dec 9, 2020
  2. SFMA Win User

Line in taskbar under open programs

When I first upgraded to Windows 10, the colored line under open programs appeared in the task bar. Some time ago, however, those lines disappeared. I have several programs pinned to my task bar, so now I have to click on each program to see if it
    is open or not, as the line does not appear.

Those lines, however, do appear when I re-size the taskbar by enlarging it.
    When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top 93e57af7-f9e6-4795-a355-90bcfe5a7fb2.jpg
    I checked my screen resolution
    and it is the correct, recommended one.

SFMA, Dec 9, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

I only get it with apps that were previously using the space the taskbar was going to use before it was moved to the top. For example with HWMonitor put it to the top of screen when task bar is at bottom:

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top [​IMG]

Close app and then move taskbar to top

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top [​IMG]

Open HWMonitor and it remembers its old position (the top is hidden under the taskbar)

Resize (here I just made it narrower) and the top jumps so it is no longer under the taskbar and will not go under it again.

So perhaps moving the taskbar like you are is perpetuating the problem.

Try making your app not full screen and in the middle of the screen. Close it then move taskbar to top. Then open your app again.

Interestingly the taskbar properties box goes over the taskbar if taskbar is at the top and under it if the taskbar is at the bottom but that is another story...

lx07, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Tryx3 Win User

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top

Since the invention of the Windows Taskbar, if you put it at TOP of screen some programs open behind it. WILL MS EVER FIX THIS?!

I have just tried this to give you a comparison result.

I put the taskbar at the top of the screen then opened WMP. WMP did not go behind the taskbar - it just maximised to the line of the taskbar exactly as it does when the taskbar is at the bottom of the screen.

Perhaps you do not have fully-compatible display drivers.

If you want to suggest a change to Microsoft then use the Feedback hub link you'll find in your Start menu.

Denis

Tryx3, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top - Similar Threads - Taskbar top opened

2. Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.: Only from start menu . . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-pins-not-able-to-be-opened-from-pins/c5f2aa23-257c-41e6-b688-0596c1aeecae
  3. Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.: Only from start menu . . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-pins-not-able-to-be-opened-from-pins/c5f2aa23-257c-41e6-b688-0596c1aeecae
  4. Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.: There is a line that runs the length of my taskbar, when i set the theme to light it is black. When i set the theme to dark it is white.I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS LINE.The ability to Lock the taskbar is not present in the options either, i was wondering if locking the taskbar...
  6. Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.: There is a line that runs the length of my taskbar, when i set the theme to light it is black. When i set the theme to dark it is white.I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS LINE.The ability to Lock the taskbar is not present in the options either, i was wondering if locking the taskbar...
  7. when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up: I want to know how to close the top bar and the task bar it gets anoying and i dont know how to close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-game-my-taskbar-and-the-top-bar-is/c611a870-72a0-4f47-9d04-460945438cef
  8. When Taskbar is on top, move the opened-programs' highlight lines ?

When Taskbar is on top, move the opened-programs' highlight lines ?: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . [ATTACH] The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it possible to...
  9. When Taskbar is on top, the opened-programs' highlight lines are still on top

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-programs' highlight lines are still on top: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . [ATTACH] The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it possible to...
  10. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...