Windows 10: When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working

Discus and support When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth headset cannot pause, play or change tracks when the screen goes to lock mode. However when the system is unlocked, these functions work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohamed Bianchi, Dec 12, 2018.

1. When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working

My Bluetooth headset cannot pause, play or change tracks when the screen goes to lock mode. However when the system is unlocked, these functions work fine.

I checked this issue with multiple Bluetooth headsets and think it is connected to Windows 10.

My PC runs Windows 10 Pro, v. 1809. Can I in some way allow Bluetooth headsets to control music playback when the system is locked? Thank you.

:)

Mohamed Bianchi, Dec 12, 2018
  2. gforceVC Win User

Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

Hello,

I am using the latest (Oct 2018, build 1809) version of Windows 10 Pro.

The problem I have is that whenever my screen times out and goes to lock mode, the Bluetooth headset is unable to pause/play or change tracks. When the system is unlocked, these functions work fine.

I've tried multiple Bluetooth headsets, prior to installing build 1809 as well.

Is this behavior by design, and is there any way to allow Bluetooth headsets to control music playback when the system is locked?

PS: No offense to any of the MSVP/helpers here, but please spare me the patronizing responses like "I understand you are having x issue; sorry to hear about that; thanks for posting in the forums, etc). If you feel you can assist then just cut to the chase.
    I don't need any scripted responses telling me to reinstall drivers and other nonsense.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gforceVC, Dec 12, 2018
  3. bluetooth headset?

Hello,

Can you sugegst me which bluetooth headset i shd buy for any mobile? (at present i'm using nokia 5800)

jabra,plantronics,nokia,samsung,bluedio,other??

Code: Mobiles, Electronics, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay Plz check above eBay India listing and tell some good options within 1000/- INR.

thx..

freebird_9924, Dec 12, 2018
  4. When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working

Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Try changing the power management for the Bluetooth drivers.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Go to Bluetooth and expand it.
    4. Right click on the Bluetooth
      drivers and click on Properties.
    5. Under the Power Management
      tab uncheck the box Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.
    6. Now check the box Allow this device to wake the computer.
    7. Click on OK and close device manager.
    8. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working

1. When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working - Similar Threads - screen locked bluetooth

2. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset not working: Hello everyone, I have a problem with a wireless headset; I can pair the headset to the pc, but it won't recognize them as an audio device.Every time I pair them, they are recognized as a general device. How can I solve this problem? ALL updates are installed, I tried...
  3. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset not working: Hello everyone, I have a problem with a wireless headset; I can pair the headset to the pc, but it won't recognize them as an audio device.Every time I pair them, they are recognized as a general device. How can I solve this problem? ALL updates are installed, I tried...
  4. Lock Screen Control

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Control: How can I set a specific time of pc idleness (1 min., 2 min., 3 min., etc.) for the password lock screen to activate? 168057
  5. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset not working: So I got a BT dongle for my BT headset and I activated BT found the headset, paired , connected, but it doesn't appear in sound tab to use [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-not-working/25e374f6-2fc7-484f-836b-9e4efc2a8013
  6. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: Good evening, I'm experiencing issues with a bluetooth headset device, not working as device in a voip application, they are detected from device manager but the controller "needs a further installation". After uninstalling it from device manager and rebooting, the system...
  7. Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked: Hello, I am using the latest (Oct 2018, build 1809) version of Windows 10 Pro. The problem I have is that whenever my screen times out and goes to lock mode, the Bluetooth headset is unable to pause/play or change tracks. When the system is unlocked, these functions work...
  8. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: Hi, I am having weird problem connecting my bluetooth headphone/headsets with windows 10. Thought i am able to connect but couldn't do skype/teams/skype for business calls using BT headset unless i open the properties and untick Handfree telephony. So basically if i am...
  9. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth headset not working: Hi, I am having weird problem connecting my bluetooth headphone/headsets with windows 10. Thought i am able to connect but couldn't do skype/teams/skype for business calls using BT headset unless i open the properties and untick Handfree telephony. So basically if i am...
  10. Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack: Hello! I recently installed the latest version of the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (v9.10.32T) for one of my desired applications to properly function. However, connecting my Bluetooth headphones through Toshiba's bluetooth manager does not seem to support the media buttons on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics headset windows locked user button control