Windows 10: When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my...

Discus and support When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrfancytophat [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrfancytophat, Oct 26, 2020.

1. When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my...

/u/mrfancytophat, Oct 26, 2020
  2. FHaag Win User

Windows 10 Update hangs on startup, saying 100% completed

I have a new Fujitsu Lifebook series notebook, bought just about 2 months ago. I have only booted it roughly 10 times to install some basics (virus protection, and a couple of applications I'm going to need).

During my last session, I did not install anything, but I triggered Windows Update from the start menu to ensure all the latest updates are installed.

Unfortunately, Windows now hangs at a blue loading screen with a message like "Running updates, 100% complete, do not turn off the computer".

After this had been shown for some hours, I decided to do some troubleshooting, and, based on the suggestions in the numerous forum threads found online about Windows 10 update issues, I rebooted several times. However, nothing helped:

• Forced booting into the repair UI, then opened system recovery => the UI tells me I don't have any restore points.
    • Forced booting into the repair UI, then chose the option to boot into safe mode => stuck at the "100% complete" screen.
    • Forced booting into the repair UI, then chose to boot from a disk (with the recovery DVD provided by Fujitsu inserted) => stuck at the "100% complete" screen.
    • Forced booting into the repair UI, changed UEFI settings to always attempt booting from a disk first, then rebooted (with the recovery DVD provided by Fujitsu inserted) => stuck at the "100% complete" screen.

How do I get past that "100% complete" screen, in order to get to a point where I can interact with the system to analyze and fix the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions!

FHaag, Oct 26, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 26, 2020
  4. FHaag Win User

When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my...

Windows 10 Update hangs on startup, saying 100% completed

Hello and thank you for your answer.

As described in my question, I had already attempted booting into safe mode, and it led me back to the "100% complete" screen. (That means, Windows would not enter safe mode, but instead attempt to install updates again, getting stuck at the "100% complete"
    screen.)

FHaag, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my...

1. When the update screen hangs out with 100% complete being reported, does it mean that my... - Similar Threads - update screen hangs

2. Completing updates - screen hang for several minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completing updates - screen hang for several minutes: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes. Dont turn off your PC.I get this memo on a daily basis each time I switch on my PC. How to stop it appearing again and again....
  3. Completing updates - screen hang for several minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completing updates - screen hang for several minutes: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes. Dont turn off your PC.I get this memo on a daily basis each time I switch on my PC. How to stop it appearing again and again....
  4. What does this windows reliability report mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this windows reliability report mean?: Hi A few weeks ago I had an issue with my laptop where the screen turned black and would not turn back on. When I restarted the laptop it would light up, however the screen would still be black, but it would still make noise so I know it was doing something. I don't think...
  5. What does it mean when this happens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does it mean when this happens?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ax1ul8hx6du51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=01c601ea67bc7752c4d0f9a80de204e4fef1d18c submitted by /u/MichaelGMNG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf50m2/what_does_it_mean_when_this_happens/
  6. Home page does not fill out the completely fill out the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home page does not fill out the completely fill out the screen.: I was using my computer and suddenly the screen lowered and moved in from the left. I cannot move it with my arrow. I can't see the bottom half or the 2 inches on the right....
  7. Update does not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update does not complete: I have twice tried to do an update. Each time it gets to91% and nothing more happens. Last night is stuck at 91% for 12 hours. When I reboot, there is a message stating that changes are being deleted. Here is the update info. [ATTACH]...
  8. Download hangs when completed

Download hangs when completed: When downloading "files", and it completes full download it hangs for about to a full minute, before it opens for installation. I am using Windows 10 version 1903......
  9. The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing: I've run this command many times without issue, but now after just a few seconds I get this error message: [img] How can I resolve this? TIA 132832
  10. Windows completely glitching out and being unusable.

Windows completely glitching out and being unusable.: I have a Lenovo y700, and its less than a year old. Today i came home and went to play rainbow six siege, and windows was completely glitching out .I tried downgrading to the previous version of windows with with no success. Anyone hhav any ideas? Games run fine but all of...