Windows 10: When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?!

Discus and support When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unfortunately I've updated my windows 10 Home SL to the 17134 built. All my programs got missed up so I figured a Fresh start may fix it. Clearly I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Usama Taha, Sep 24, 2018.

1. When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?!

Unfortunately I've updated my windows 10 Home SL to the 17134 built.

All my programs got missed up so I figured a Fresh start may fix it. Clearly I was wrong.

Now with a clean windows installation I'm missing a lot of fonts. All my old Arabic text is not showing at all! (and NO fix is really working .. change system local .. install optional fonts .. change fonts folder permissions .. changing the image file execution options .. etc.. etc .. NOT working at all)

And my AutoCAD Civil3D 2019 can't save to a file at all. And again NO fix is working and I have tried them all.

Big problem is to save space I have disabled system restore and cleaned the Windows.Old folder. Now I can't go back in time.

Acronis Image -my preferred backup software- because of a former update- wasn't able to back up my windows -has something to do with new file system structure I presume- so stupid me I have decided to delete my backup too.

Now all I have is a useless operating system that I can't even shut down its ridiculous update option (Again NO way to disable windows update it keeps coming back and I don't know how even within metered connection it is downloading stuff)

Of course.

P.S. I don't need the system file checker advice please!

:)

Usama Taha, Sep 24, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Techtu Win User

When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?!

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?! :)

Techtu, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?!

1. When the Windows 10 issues will be fixed and how can we disable the windows update for ever?! - Similar Threads - issues fixed disable

2. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?: Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard, etc. , clipping tool, search.Microsoft Search IndexerThis can be disabled, in...
  3. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?: Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard, etc. , clipping tool, search.Microsoft Search IndexerThis can be disabled, in...
  4. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows update disabled WiFI—how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update disabled WiFI—how to fix?: Automatic Windows update on my HP envy knocked out my WIFI—no networks are showing and When I troubleshoot, I’m getting “Intel Wi-fi 6 AX201 adapted is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.” I spent many hours with Microsoft tech support to no avail—and from all...
  6. Fix Windows Update error 0x80080005 on Windows 10, how can we fix this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix Windows Update error 0x80080005 on Windows 10, how can we fix this?: Fix Windows Update error 0x80080005 on Windows 10, when I try to update windows. I tried resetting the software distribution folder, but it said there was no file with the name. Also tried windows troubleshooter a few times....
  7. How can I fix this issue when installing windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I fix this issue when installing windows 10?: I am attempting to update my pc from windows 7 to windows 10, but when I get to the updating phase it says "undoing changes done to computer" and goes back to windows 7. does anyone know a solution to this? submitted by /u/Jacamo69 [link] [comments]...
  8. How can we fix the memory leak issue of Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can we fix the memory leak issue of Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?: I have tried methods of disabling the software using the registry editor and even using command prompt. But those methods are of no use. They were unable to kill the above mentioned service. I already have an antivirus software installed. I would not bother about the working...
  9. How can Windows updates be disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can Windows updates be disabled: I did a Google search and performed all the suggestions. It still is updating. Without having a discussion whether this is the right thing to do how can this be done? Version 1909 151679
  10. How can Windows updates be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can Windows updates be disabled: I did a Google search and performed all the suggestions. It still is updating. Without having a discussion whether this is the right thing to do how can this be done? Version 1909 151679