Windows 10: when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not...

Discus and support when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not?No matter when or how you take a screenshot, the date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alan Sin, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Alan Sin Win User

when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not...

when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not?No matter when or how you take a screenshot, the date modified should be same with other users. Am I right?

:)

Alan Sin, Aug 25, 2021
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Change multiple Date Modified entries

Is it possible to achieve the following by either command prompt, PowerShell, batch file, VBS script or any other tool please?

I have folders containing subfolders, and in each subfolder there is a single file with extension '.ino', with the same filename as the subfolder. For example parent folder XYZ contains subfolder SubABC and in that is a file named SubABC.ino.

But here's the thing. Somehow the Date Modified entries for all the subfolders like ABC have lost their original Modified dates. The INO files have retained them correctly.

So I want to automatically change all the subfolder Date Modified entries to be identical to the Date Modified entry of their INO file of the same name.

All suggestions would be much appreciated please.

Terry

Terrypin, Aug 25, 2021
  4. LesClarke Win User

when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not...

User File Relocation

My Windows 8.1 PC was built using the
    System Preparation Tool
    (sysprep) to run an XML-script (so called Answer file) which modifies the Windows registry and settings
    to relocate Users folders to another drive “E”.
    Program Files, Program Files (x86) and
    Windows folders are all on the “C” drive.

I am aware that there are limitations i.e. “Repair Install” cannot be carried out with this type of installation. My question is will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 with my type of installation?

Also is there a simple option to relocate user file to another drive other than the default “C” drive?

LesClarke, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

1. when to relocate the files, the date modified will be changed. But, why other users are not... - Similar Threads - relocate files date

2. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  3. Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?: I use FL Studio to make beats. Awhile back I had a hard drive error and ended up losing hundreds of projects I was working on, silly me, forgot to make backups. Whenever I open a song, whether it was from years ago or just last week, the "Date Created" property on the file...
  4. Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?

Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?: I use FL Studio to make beats. Awhile back I had a hard drive error and ended up losing hundreds of projects I was working on, silly me, forgot to make backups. Whenever I open a song, whether it was from years ago or just last week, the "Date Created" property on the file...
  5. when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?: when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?i found that if the Child documents have been modified, the parent folder will also change "modified date".but why?can you give me some document to support my assumption?...
  6. when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?: when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?i found that if the Child documents have been modified, the parent folder will also change "modified date".but why?can you give me some document to support my assumption?...
  7. when will the Parent Folders change "modified date"?

8. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  9. date modified changes when adding tags to PDF files

in Windows 10 Support
    date modified changes when adding tags to PDF files: Hello, I am using windows 10 and I am trying to organize a very large number of files scattered everywhere on my laptop. The files are a variety of different formats, PDF, word, excel, .txt, blackberry backup files (.bbb), audio and video files as well. When I add a tag or...
  10. Date modified changed for thousands of files

Date modified changed for thousands of files: Hi, On my Windows 10 laptop with a Samsung SSD I have experienced some weird behavior tonight: I have roughly 11.000 files with date modified "today" since I started the laptop in the afternoon. Many of these files are in tmp folders e.g. AppData/Local/Temp or in folders...