Windows 10: when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?

Discus and support when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I changed it to never turn off my display. Yet it keeps reverting back to 15 mins. Any ideas what is causing this? 46555 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Necator, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Necator Win User

when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?

I changed it to never turn off my display. Yet it keeps reverting back to 15 mins.

Any ideas what is causing this?

:)

Necator, Apr 7, 2016

2. Monitor keeps turning off

Hi,

Thank you for the help, but I have tried both methods and nothing changed. The monitor keeps turning off after 1-2 minutes. This problem started happening after I went from Windows 8.1 (or 8, don't remember now) to Windows 10.

БорисовМиша, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Monitor keeps turning off

Борисов Миша

Here is a possibility that is very easy to checkout. Click on the start button and type screen saver. Click on "turn screen saver on or off". Verify the following:

1. No screen saver is selected (None).

2. The "On resume, display logon screen" checkbox is clear.

If the screen saver is set to none, and the on resume display logon screen checkbox is checked it will act the same as if the screen saver is turned on but not display anything, just dimming the screen.

Regards,

LonnieDemien, Apr 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Would you care to do it the old-fashioned way and see if the setting would stick this time ?

Right click at Start > Control Panel > top right, click View by: select either large or small > Power Options > left side, click When to turn off the display > set it to Never > click Save changes.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  5. Necator Win User
    did that (via windows button-X). it's weird because it only reverts it maybe 1-2x a day. I cannot figure it out *Sad

Necator, Apr 7, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Does that means the method via Control Panel does not make any difference ?

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  7. Necator Win User
    correct. I've tried both to no avail.

Necator, Apr 7, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Maybe you have corrupt files.
    Run a system file check. It will try to do repair if any corrupt files are found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting? - Similar Threads - turn off monitor

2. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors are turning off when gaming: everytime i play something it cause my monitors to turn off after some time and i dont know whyI`ve already changed my PSU and cpu cooler to a water cooling system and the problem still existI was also testing my temps and my cpu has 84* max when gpu is 80*so im really...
  3. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  4. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  5. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Monitor turning off when resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning off when resetting PC: I was given a gaming PC. The person who I bought it off of did not factory reset the PC when he sold it. I go to reset the PC but my moniter turns off and it disrupts the resetting process, what do I do?...
  7. Monitor turning off when resetting PC

Monitor turning off when resetting PC: I was given a gaming PC. The person who I bought it off of did not factory reset the PC when he sold it. I go to reset the PC but my moniter turns off and it disrupts the resetting process, what do I do?...
  8. Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes: After installing update KB5005033 my control panel setting for when the monitor turns off during inactivy keeps resetting to 20 minutes.This is one of the reasons i ususally uninstall Windows update competely, because i don't want some new "feature" or bug added to my already...
  9. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  10. External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off: I recently got an external monitor, Lenovo L24q-20, which I use with my HP Envy Laptop. The brightness of the external monitor is controlled with buttons on the monitor, and is by default set to 80/100. This is a bit too bright for me so I set it down to 50/100, and all is...