Windows 10: when total upload goes above a certain amount, am notify somehow

Discus and support when total upload goes above a certain amount, am notify somehow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what app/software/site does this? if can do upload rate, that is good also 146947 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by win10user999, Dec 22, 2019.

1. when total upload goes above a certain amount, am notify somehow

what app/software/site does this?

if can do upload rate, that is good also

:)

win10user999, Dec 22, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Uploading Image Files dialog box not including JPEG files

Hello,

If you have a jpeg 2000 file format it will not work with Internet Explorer due to incompatibility or security reasons.

We suggests that you try the steps below:

Method 1: Reset zones to default

• On Internet explorer > Go to Tools.
    • Click Security > Click on Reset all zones to default level

Method 2:

• Go to the website you want to upload the files.
    • Click on Tools drop down.
    • Choose Compatibility View Settings > Then add the website.
    • Refresh the page and try to upload the files again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

when total upload goes above a certain amount, am notify somehow

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

when total upload goes above a certain amount, am notify somehow

1. when total upload goes above a certain amount, am notify somehow - Similar Threads - total upload goes

2. Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?: When I want to turn up my brightness, it always maxes out at 17 for some weird reason. I can manually set it above 17, but when I press the button to turn it up more, it jumps back to 17, and doesnt go up. Even when I turn it up from 0 brightness, it maxes out at 17. Why is...
  3. Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?: When I want to turn up my brightness, it always maxes out at 17 for some weird reason. I can manually set it above 17, but when I press the button to turn it up more, it jumps back to 17, and doesnt go up. Even when I turn it up from 0 brightness, it maxes out at 17. Why is...
  4. When uploading pictures to Ebay my computer goes to documents instead of pictures. I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When uploading pictures to Ebay my computer goes to documents instead of pictures. I am...: I was having no problem downloading pictures to Ebay and suddenly when adding a picture to download my computer goes to files and documents instead of my pictures. I haven't been able to download to edit or list any items. Cannot figure out what was changed or how to fix this...
  5. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging above a certain level.: Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything....
  6. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging above a certain level.: Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything....
  7. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Is this my download speed or total amount downloaded?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this my download speed or total amount downloaded?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lord_Jamieson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g59x4v/is_this_my_download_speed_or_total_amount/
  9. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange excessive amount of data uploaded: How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday..... I'm stuck...losing my mind....
  10. Windows is blocking my upload somehow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is blocking my upload somehow: For some reason only on my pc I cant upload anything. Speed test gives error for upload. I have windows defender and I even tried shutting it off as well as firewall but I have the same issue. Is there anything else that might be blocking upload?...