Windows 10: When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...

Discus and support When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have a computer with Windows 8.1 installed in one partition and Ubuntu installed in another.I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scipio3, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Scipio3 Win User

When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...

I currently have a computer with Windows 8.1 installed in one partition and Ubuntu installed in another.I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I have had many problems along the way. Recently I tried downloading the Windows 10 installer ISO and then using Rufus to burn it to a USB flash drive 16 GB capacity.I then start the computer and boot using the USB flash drive. When asked what kind of install I want I say that I want to only install windows I want a clean install over my current Windows 8.1. They then allow me to select the partition to install to. I select the partition la

:)

Scipio3, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

burning an Iso of windows 10

Hi,

Your concern with burning an ISO to a disc can be due to the selected file's contents. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using a blank disc.
    • If you're burning both the x64 and x86 system types of Windows 10 at the same time.
    • The program that you're using to burn the ISO file.

You can also use an 8GB USB flash drive to save the ISO as an alternative.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 6, 2022
  3. maranna Win User
    burn ISO

If I am not mistaken I used Windows 10 alone to download and burn the ISO for a spare disc. Please correct me if wrong.

If I want to burn an ISO to a flash drive with Windows 10, do I need 3rd party software?

lastly I was burning DVD s to flash drive by copy and paste. It was suggested I involve ISO files to make it easier but I do not understand -could you help?

Thank
    Peter

maranna, Oct 6, 2022
  4. When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...

1. When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes... - Similar Threads - try clean install

2. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  3. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  4. When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...: I currently have a computer with Windows 8.1 installed in one partition and Ubuntu installed in another.I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I have had many problems along the way. Recently I tried downloading the Windows 10 installer ISO and then using Rufus to burn...
  5. When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When try to do clean install of Windows 10 using iso burned to flash drive computer crashes...: I currently have a computer with Windows 8.1 installed in one partition and Ubuntu installed in another.I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I have had many problems along the way. Recently I tried downloading the Windows 10 installer ISO and then using Rufus to burn...
  6. burn windows or paste to flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    burn windows or paste to flash drive: Hello, i downloaded windows ISO file, should i burn it on usb flash drive like on cd/dvd or just open ISO with WinRar and paste files into flash drive? submitted by /u/shakoc [link] [comments]...
  7. not even enough room to burn a iso image to clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not even enough room to burn a iso image to clean install: Hello I have a very low cost HP laptop that has nothing left to delete (that i'm aware of). i am on Windows 10 (the version before 1803!!!) Thats how long I've been trying to update without enough room..so I've cleared out all I knew about, windows backups and all apps so i...
  8. Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive

Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive: I have an older HP laptop originally running Windows 7. I had upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer at W10 launch. I recently had to replace the hard drive and then used recovery discs specific to my computer. I wanted to re-install Windows 10 so I...
  9. Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?

Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?: Lets say that instead of downloading the latest 1803 ISO someone wanted to use a previously downloaded old Windows 10 ISO..1609, 1703 etc to clean install Windows 10. Would it successfully install you right up to date to version 1803. Or are you not supposed to do that. Could...
  10. Repair Install with burned ISO

Repair Install with burned ISO: Its a friend's machine that might benefit from a repair install. I have a cd with the techbench iso download burned via Imageburn software. I installed Win10 v2 with this cd successfully. The friend used the media center download routine to update to Win 10 2nd version...