Windows 10: when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.

Discus and support when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when try to lower or increase the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode mostly when the laptop is plugged in. it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArifSufiyan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.

when try to lower or increase the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode mostly when the laptop is plugged in.

it has increased overtime and is more frequent now.

my laptop is dell 5558 running on windows 10 and yeah everything is updated.

:)

ArifSufiyan, Nov 25, 2018

2. laptop won't sleep can't adjust brightness

Hi,

As you are unable to get the option for sleep in the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    John T in the link provided below and check:

Why windows 10 buttons are missing sleep and hibernate command?

Also, follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, Nov 25, 2018
  4. when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.

Can not control the laptop brightness

Hi Dinh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

What happens when you try to change the screen's brightness?

For a majority of laptops, there isn't a control for setting the contrast. However, you can set the brightness of many laptops by pressing and holding the Fn key, and then pressing a function key to decrease brightness
    or increase brightness.

I suggest you to uninstall the display driver from your computer and then install in Compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapter
      and expand it.

• Right click on the Display Adapter
      and select Uninstall.

• Do not restart your computer.
    Once you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please install the driver in compatibility mode following the steps given below.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.

1. when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode. - Similar Threads - try lower brightness

2. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  3. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  4. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  5. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  6. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  8. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

10. My laptop's brightness goes black when i try to decrease it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop's brightness goes black when i try to decrease it.: So here is the problem. I bought an Asus laptop a while ago and for some reason the brightness couldn't decrease. I tried to download the drivers, I've tried reinstalling them. But the problem was still there. It is just that it I decrease it at all below 100 it will go...