Windows 10: When trying to change permissions for DCOM error in regedit access denied

Discus and support When trying to change permissions for DCOM error in regedit access denied in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This what I get when I try to do the solutions found hereRegedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blaster3K, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Blaster3K Win User

When trying to change permissions for DCOM error in regedit access denied

This what I get when I try to do the solutions found hereRegedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! microsoft.comThese do not work, no matter how regedit is started, command prompt, admin privilege's, pSExec etc.Still get access denied. Getting alot of DCOM error 10010. Which is explaining maybe other issues with sleep and the sdcard popping up with its contents like it was just insterted YET, was supposed to be sleeping when coming out of sleep hopefully that makes senseLaptopDell inspiron 5515 AMD 5500UWindows 10 home 64This is a replacement

:)

Blaster3K, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 22, 2021
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Access Denied You don't have permission to access "Welcome | USPS" on this server. Reference ###### Also, Ebay denied.

Hi,

We would like to know if you're still receiving the error message Access Denied You don't have permission to access on this server.

If yes, you may try following the suggestion of CarrotMuseum on this
    thread about adding the site to the trusted list.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. When trying to change permissions for DCOM error in regedit access denied - Similar Threads - trying change permissions

2. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  3. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  4. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  5. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  6. "Permission denied publickey" When Trying to SSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Permission denied publickey" When Trying to SSH: I've been using Putty to SSH into my pfSense box. I decided to try using a Microsoft PowerShell window to do the same thing. When I try, all I get back is "Permission denied publickey." I assume that means the Public Key in my pfSense box i.e., the host isn't matching the...
  7. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  8. Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager: When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' ***Original title: Task Manager 'access denied'***...
  9. Access denied local drive after changing permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied local drive after changing permission: Hello I was trying to change access under security tab in properties to my local disk S: However I messed up the process and now I am unable to access the whole drive. I have run chkdsk in cmd after dismounting and it is showing no error. Please note after initiating the...
  10. Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive: Hey, just trying to allow my applications to write in certain files, so i changed some security settings, and then clicked apply and boof, it gives me this... how tf is it DENYING Me Access!?? Is windows stupid? or am i not really administrator... this is killing me, and my...