Windows 10: when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have

Discus and support when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I submitted last evening. I rec a reply but couldn't hook up today I tried but no show. So I have a little predicament I had been being told every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RandyFornoff2, Feb 23, 2019.

1. when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have

I submitted last evening. I rec a reply but couldn't hook up today I tried but no show. So I have a little predicament I had been being told every time I was in the house to free up some space because my c:\ was getting full. And it was so I decided to free up some, so I had noticed on my c: an old windows files or pretty much a whole system so I decided to get rid of it not being needed and all. Well when I did I guess I got rid of my desktop also unknowlingly Now , I have for days looking for it but everytime I click on desktop, documents, downloads I get a message as follows. The desktop is not available. If you locate it on this pc, make sure that it is connected and try again. Which I haven't a clue what it means . Please understand I am a student in all this, not a guru. I was the guru in the motorpool in the Army, but Im an idiot with computers, but I am trying to learn. I need help here I just hope I haven't done anything serious. What it looks like to me is that the kids are trying to go home but home isn't where it is supposed to be. please help.

:)

RandyFornoff2, Feb 23, 2019
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2019
  4. when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have

Windows program to secure erase files only

Great, I looked at using the utility built into Revo uninstaller as it offered this capability. Programs like I need are often lost in larger topics where fully clearing a set of instructions or files (usually multiple times) is a necessary step along the long path to finding the right solution.

nomdeplume, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have

1. when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have - Similar Threads - trying clear files

2. clearing storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clearing storage: Im trying to clear my storage and Im almost deleted everything but it is still not clearing some space. I dont want to delete in some folders that I dont know so I need help why my storage is not clearing out....
  3. clearing storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clearing storage: Im trying to clear my storage and Im almost deleted everything but it is still not clearing some space. I dont want to delete in some folders that I dont know so I need help why my storage is not clearing out....
  4. clearing storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have an Asus windows 10 laptop and I need more storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Asus windows 10 laptop and I need more storage: Model number: 9461D2WModel: W203Mif you need any more information to answer my question just ask me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-asus-windows-10-laptop-and-i-need-more/e8d6756d-78b4-4571-8370-66b22e3bae04
  6. I have an Asus windows 10 laptop and I need more storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an Asus windows 10 laptop and I need more storage: Model number: 9461D2WModel: W203Mif you need any more information to answer my question just ask me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-asus-windows-10-laptop-and-i-need-more/e8d6756d-78b4-4571-8370-66b22e3bae04
  7. Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage

Help when i delete some files it does not clear space it adds more storage: Hello I recently decide to clear some space on my laptop aspire v5-571 and I checked my storage I saw it went from 187 GB to 214 GB what's going on I'm freaking out what do I don't understand. Extra info I recently got Avira antivirus [ATTACH]...
  8. Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly

Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly: In my 110 GB C: drive I have a D drive as well the system says I only have 147 MB remaining. 85.8 GB of which is in Apps and Features. When I click this and then sort by size for file C the top result is Adobe Acrobat Reader, with only 674 MB it then rapidly descends in value...
  9. unable to activate windows even though i shouldnt have to

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to activate windows even though i shouldnt have to: ive had my computer for around 14 months now, so I am confused to why I am now getting this problem, recently ive been getting an overlay saying I have to go to settings to activate windows, im unable to open certain things on my computer, im unable to update windows, and im...
  10. HOW DO I SEE WHAT IS IN DOWNLOADS FOLDER BEFORE I CLEAR IT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE MORE...

HOW DO I SEE WHAT IS IN DOWNLOADS FOLDER BEFORE I CLEAR IT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE MORE...: I cant seem to get into the downloads folder driving me nuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-in-downloads-folder-before-i/6f88379b-66ae-4335-b238-02725ea5dbc5"