Windows 10: When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed...

Discus and support When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/cikemybike [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f47h0l/when_trying_to_connect_with_my_ethernet_cable_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cikemybike, Feb 15, 2020.

1. When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed...

/u/cikemybike, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 15, 2020
  3. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

One thing you might try, enter BIOS and load and save defaults. I was really counting on power fix. Maybe even try again and leave overnight. (Yes, long shot)

So you seem to be well versed in the ways of the PC. I would suggest that you download a copy of Ubuntu and burn it to a disk. Then boot from disk. Do not install it on PC, just say I want to try. With network cable plugged in, see if Ubuntu sees network cable. Firefox is part of the standard package, you can even try that. You should see the icons across the top, right hand side. Please keep wireless disable.

If Ubuntu does not see cable, then you the next step might be disassembling laptop and see if some is amiss. Not much you can fix as it is, in all likelihood solder to board. I see this error with this RealTek device up and down the internet.

You can by an Ethernet to USB device if we get that far.

Ubuntu at

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

They ask for donation, click not now. This will get you an iso. Use your normal process to mount and burn to disk.

If there is no try option the you can abandon.

Caledon Ken, Feb 15, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed...

Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed...

1. When trying to connect with my ethernet cable I keep getting the network unidentifed... - Similar Threads - trying connect ethernet

2. I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.: I've been trying to fix my internet cable connection on Windows 10. The problem started after I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB drive. I tried using a tool to find the problem with the internet cable, but it didn't work. It just showed the message "Ethernet doesn't have a...
  3. I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.: I've been trying to fix my internet cable connection on Windows 10. The problem started after I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB drive. I tried using a tool to find the problem with the internet cable, but it didn't work. It just showed the message "Ethernet doesn't have a...
  4. I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...: I recently got a pc for christmas, but it has a problem with connecting with ethernet. i tried 2 different cables. they both work on my laptop but not on my pc....
  6. When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i connect my laptop with an ethernet cable then it has a connection, but when i try to...: I recently got a pc for christmas, but it has a problem with connecting with ethernet. i tried 2 different cables. they both work on my laptop but not on my pc....
  7. I keep getting this pop-up whenever i try to connect to interent via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this pop-up whenever i try to connect to interent via ethernet cable: From the last win 10 update my internet connection via ethernet just stopped working and when i tried troubleshooting it said "Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration". Since then everytime i even try connecting or just plugging ethernet cable in im getting Windows...
  8. Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected

Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected: Hello Everyone, I hope you have hear this common issue of wireless being automatically disconnected as soon as the ethernet cable is connected. Can anyone help me in resolving the issue? I have already tried going into BIOS and checked the setting of the wireless. Both...
  9. The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling

The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling: Suddenly, for no reason, Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility returns and gives a DNS error. I can ping by IP address, I can ping the router. I can not send a browser to the router's internal address for administration,...
  10. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...