Windows 10: When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu....

Discus and support When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/okweb1989 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/okweb1989, Jun 16, 2020.

1. When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu....

/u/okweb1989, Jun 16, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu.... :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

It's probably just a registry entry - run registry cleaner. Or, try doing this; Open File Explorer, browse to \Windows\Start Menu and you'll see the icons there. Delete from this folder and that should remove it.

If the deleted files is stil in Recycle bin, restore it then go back to start menu and delete the file the normal way.

If you can't find the recycle bin...Right-click on your desktop and choose Personalize,
    click the Change Desktop Icons link in upper left hand corner. In the Desktop Icons Settings window, check the Recycle Bin box and click OK.

Hope that helps.*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Jenesis Win User

When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu....

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

That's what I'm trying to do and where I get the error *Smile When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu.... :)

I have run CCleaner, to no avail (still cannot delete folder/file).

To show what I mean more clearly (not very good at explaining!), see this screenshot. As you can see, the folder I'm trying to delete is selectable, but cannot be deleted or have attributes such as Hidden applied to it.

Jenesis, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu....

1. When trying to delete multiple files.. Delete entry missing from the desktop context menu.... - Similar Threads - trying delete multiple

2. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  3. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  4. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Deleting temp files with secure delete context menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting temp files with secure delete context menu: Can i delete temp files with secure delete context menu, it it safe? Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 182973
  6. Blank File with no entry on Desktop. Cant delete file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank File with no entry on Desktop. Cant delete file: So I got a file stuck on my desktop after uninstalling one of the computers many brand based applications I dont use. Its given this icon on the desktop without any file entry and right clicking on it provides limited options as seen in the image attached. Attempting to...
  7. Deleting multiple entries using regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting multiple entries using regedit: Hi, having massive problems with iTunes on my desktop. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but still having problems. Have uninstalled all Apple related software, but still having issues. As a last resort, I want to delete all occurrences of iTunes in the...
  8. delete context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  9. Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I use the file explorer, the "delete" and "cut" is missing from the context menu when I press right-click with mouse on the file and folder. Is there anyone that knows how to add these features into the context menu because it becomes...
  10. Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu: My first post here. I searched here but could not find an answer, maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am trying to help an elderly friend who has run into a problem that neither of us can solve. I consider myself pretty savvy on computers, but this one has me...