Windows 10: When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error'

Discus and support When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, after I installed Build 10158, I realized that I couldn't install any desktop programs. I get the 'File system error (-1073741819)'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcturus, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Arcturus Win User

When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error'

Hello everyone, after I installed Build 10158, I realized that I couldn't install any desktop programs.

I get the 'File system error (-1073741819)' error after I enter UAC.

So I'm supposing this has something to do with UAC..?

EDIT: Managed to spam UAC and disable it (spamming enter and left arrow to open UAC for a very quick second and left arrow to go to yes, and enter to accept) - I can now download programs, but I do not want to keep UAC disabled.

:)

Arcturus, Jun 29, 2015

2. When trying to create a system image I get the message “The backup Failed. There was a failure in creating directory on the backup storage location. (0x8078014B)”.

When I go to ‘Lock Screen’ the only icon in the bottom right corner is the ‘Network Internet Access Icon’.

The left bottom corner has the time & date.

When I click on the icon in the bottom right corner I get the startup screen asking for my password.

DaveFoster, Jun 29, 2015
  3. When trying to create a system image I get the message “The backup Failed. There was a failure in creating directory on the backup storage location. (0x8078014B)”.

Original title: System Image Error

When trying to create a system image I get the message “The backup Failed. There was a failure in creating directory on the backup storage location. (0x8078014B)”

Additional Information:

The file of directory is corrupted and unreadable. (0x80070570)

[There are 3.06 TB free on the backup disk and the backup size is 137.44 GB]

How can I create a system inage?

I did sfc /scannow got the following message:

‘Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log Windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
    Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.’

How can I fix the corrupt files?

DaveFoster, Jun 29, 2015
Thema:

When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error'

1. When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error' - Similar Threads - trying install desktop

2. "This software already installed on your system" when trying to install a program, but it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This software already installed on your system" when trying to install a program, but it's...: A certain program I downloaded would use it 24/7, and as the company that made it had a few hackable issues they dealt with in the past, I felt it prudent to restrict access or get rid of their means of using it. After deleting the program accessing it, they still had left...
  3. Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.: Hi all,I am trying to install some software for remote work. Every time it tries to extract and install vcredist_x64.exe, the installation errors out and gives me this error message: "Error installing Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ redistributable. The librairs being updated...
  4. Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.: Hi all,I am trying to install some software for remote work. Every time it tries to extract and install vcredist_x64.exe, the installation errors out and gives me this error message: "Error installing Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ redistributable. The librairs being updated...
  5. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.: I keep getting the error message please finish other downloads before installing this one. And I do not have any other downloads installing. This happens when I try to install any program....
  6. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.: I keep getting the error message please finish other downloads before installing this one. And I do not have any other downloads installing. This happens when I try to install any program....
  7. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. error displayed when trying to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error displayed when trying to install a program: I have tried to install Corel PSP 5 pro but get the error message" check internet connection then try again". I have internet connection and I configured my firewall to allow the download. I always get the same error msg. I have Norton Antiviris but didn't know if that was...
  9. File system error -1073740791 when trying to run a program as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error -1073740791 when trying to run a program as admin: Hello, here is my problem: after a repair from the start menu I now get a file system error -1073740791 when trying to run any program as administrator. Thank you for your attention....
  10. Getting "File System Error (-1073741819)" When installing software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting "File System Error (-1073741819)" When installing software: Hello, Just upgraded from windows 7 pro to windows 10 Pro. The upgrade appears to have gone well except for the error which I will describe below. The symptoms: When attempting to install any software which requires administrator privileges, I am getting one of two...