Windows 10: When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is...

Discus and support When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there When I try to install VS Code, I get the error mentioned in the subject "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeshenP, Nov 28, 2019.

1. DeshenP Win User

When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is...

Hi there

When I try to install VS Code, I get the error mentioned in the subject

"The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."

This started happening after my main hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall windows. VS Code was installed on another storage drive. I tried to delete it to make a fresh install so that the error would not pop up anymore (the error would pop up when VS Code would try to auto update).

Foolishly, I decided to delete the install folder instead of trying to uninstall. I imagine this has led me to this issue. I've tried deleting any other Code related files that reside in %appdata%, but that has yielded no results. I still get that error every time I run the VS Code installer.

Looking for any support that may help resolve this issue.

Thanks

:)

DeshenP, Nov 28, 2019
  2. MainSoft Win User

Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session

Thanks but as mentioned above, I'm not using drive letters. Users connect using a UNC name. UNC shares can be disconnected using the Net use /delete command but obviously, that doesn't work. The command is successful but the UNC share can still be accessed.

MainSoft, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2019
  4. When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is...

File History - Cannot "Add a Drive" again after selecting "Stop using drive"

pizzle101,

There is a work around.

Create a new folder in the existing drive or you can select the drive that you need and share it on the network and give permission to everyone and then follow these steps

• Enter File History in the search box, and then tap or click
      File History.

• Tap or click Select drive.

• On the Change your File History drive page, do one of the following:

• Select a network location, tap or click Add network location, browse to or enter a location, tap or click
        Select folder, and then tap or click OK.

• In the network location \\127.0.0.1 and select the shared drive.

• When you're asked, tap or click Yes to copy all of the versions of your files to the new drive.

Mark Antony86, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is...

1. When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is... - Similar Threads - trying install Code

2. Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts: Hello all.I currently work in a group that supports 50k plus users and is likely to grow in the next year or so. We primarily run Windows 10 and are preparing to migrate over to Windows 11. We have Azure in the environment but haven't implemented it fully. We use the storage...
  3. Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Login scripts and drive mapping vs UNC shortcuts: Hello all.I currently work in a group that supports 50k plus users and is likely to grow in the next year or so. We primarily run Windows 10 and are preparing to migrate over to Windows 11. We have Azure in the environment but haven't implemented it fully. We use the storage...
  4. UNC vs Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC vs Mapped Drive: Hi, The organization I work for use windows services to run our service modules. While investigating and auditing our configuration, we've found that we are getting permission issue from using UNC and Mapped drive. Bottom line is; UNC has no issue. However, issue arises if I...
  5. UNC vs Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNC vs Mapped Drive: Hi, The organization I work for use windows services to run our service modules. While investigating and auditing our configuration, we've found that we are getting permission issue from using UNC and Mapped drive. Bottom line is; UNC has no issue. However, issue arises if I...
  6. UNC vs Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible GOG Galaxy error

in Windows 10 News
    The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible GOG Galaxy error: [ATTACH]Upon attempting to install a GOG game, you may encounter an error bearing the following message The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible, Please select another. Here’s what you can do to fix the problem. GOG Galaxy Game error The drive...
  8. Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible....: okay so lately my mouse was bugging while i was playing a video game it would change its sensitivity on its own randomly, so i did quite some research and found this,[ATTACH] so i troubleshooted and got this [ATTACH] which after that i realised something is up with drivers,...
  9. The Drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.: [ATTACH] So I have Microsoft Visual Studio code, on my work computer, but I saved it on a drive. Which I left at the office, so I tryied to reinstall Visual Studio Code, and this pops up. This is not the first time I have seen this error message, I have seen this error...
  10. The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.: Hi! I'm trying to install Battlestate games launcher but when i try to install it, it comes up with that error message. My harddrive died yesterday. So I'm guessing that the launcher is trying to install on the harddrive? If it is so, is there a solution?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant install vs codes because it shows UNC share does not exist why