Windows 10: When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is...

Discus and support When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried reviewing previous posts regarding this error message but have not found a solution with which I am able to resolve the problem. Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lmplzhelp, Oct 7, 2019.

1. lmplzhelp Win User

When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is...

I have tried reviewing previous posts regarding this error message but have not found a solution with which I am able to resolve the problem. Laptop purchased July 2019, preloaded with Windows 10. Have allowed all recommended updates to date, but this error popped up in September 2019. Having reviewed and attempted previous suggestions - all of which appear to be two years old or more, the language update component appears to be hung. Have been researching what should be my next step but have not found a viable solution. Would really appreciate a legit response from Microsoft to solve this and move forward.

:)

lmplzhelp, Oct 7, 2019

2. Get message - Task Host is stopping background tasks - error messages on shutdown Windows 10 - PC will not shutdown

Hello,

I am getting the message - "Task Host Window - Task Host is stopping background tasks" - I get error messages on shutdown in Windows 10 - PC will not shutdown unless I force it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Thank you.

dayhiker4k, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Task Host Window error message on shutdown

I'm now running windows 10 and on each' shut down' I have to make a 'forced shutdown due to error message "Task Host Window stopping background tasks? Any thoughts please?

DavidBrotheridge, Oct 10, 2019
  4. When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is...

Task Host Window

Got message that says 'task host window is preveting background tasks' when I try and go back and cancel there are no apps active - how do I shutdown laptop

MelanieGreenall1, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is...

1. When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is... - Similar Threads - trying log off

2. Task Host Window Error on Restart/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Host Window Error on Restart/Shutdown: Whenever I try to restart/shut down my machine, I am notified of an issue:Task Host WindowTask Host is stopping background tasks. \Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot RequiredWhen going to Microsoft Update, I have no updates available, even if I check for...
  3. Task Host Window Error on Restart/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Host Window Error on Restart/Shutdown: Whenever I try to restart/shut down my machine, I am notified of an issue:Task Host WindowTask Host is stopping background tasks. \Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot RequiredWhen going to Microsoft Update, I have no updates available, even if I check for...
  4. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows task host preventing shutdown: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional...
  5. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows task host preventing shutdown: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional...
  6. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task Host Window preventing shutdown

Task Host Window preventing shutdown: Hi,How do I fix this? This screen keeps popping up at shutdown. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-window-preventing-shutdown/b641512c-005a-440f-9ee0-41d88bd1994b
  8. Task Host Window prevents shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Host Window prevents shutdown: Following from this discussion: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/task-host-window-prevents-shutdown-the-appupdate/0e372e94-64b9-4aa4-8140-964a4a8f63b9 Context: I sometimes have similar pop-ups to the discussion above that says "Task Host...
  9. Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing

Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing: I using windows 10 pro I accidentali turned off the log on;log off and shutdown sound in registry What to do? Any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shutdownlog-onlog-off-is-not-hearing/228d2cab-0c3f-4cc7-a1ef-04fb92053f83
  10. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...