Windows 10: When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly"

Discus and support When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open things on my computer, it says that it terminated unexpectedly. I've tried looking up how to fix it and everything says to open up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ultrastarrz6, Apr 9, 2021.

1. When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly"

When I try to open things on my computer, it says that it terminated unexpectedly. I've tried looking up how to fix it and everything says to open up the registry editor or services.msc, but the problem is the same problem happens to those, so I can't fix it and its getting annoying I just wanna open spotify :

:)

ultrastarrz6, Apr 9, 2021
  2. borgus Win User

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).
    There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borgus, Apr 9, 2021
  3. borate Win User
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).

There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borate, Apr 9, 2021
  4. When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly"

Windows Store Terminating Unexpectedly

• When trying to install an app from Windows Store I received error 0x80240024.
    • Attempts to install other apps resulted in the same error.
    • Suggestions on this forum suggested using WSRESET to clear the windows store cache.
    • The reset took a minute or so but window store finally started.
    • However windows store now shuts down completely if any app is selected for action.
    • I have tried the TROUBLESHOOTER for windows store and it does not detect any issues.

Basic Info about my system:

OS Version: 10.0.10586 N/A Build 10586

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: XPS One 2710

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3101 Mhz

Please contact me if you need more information about this problem.

Please advise how to repair Windows Store

Thanks Mike Porritt

MikePorritt, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly"

1. When trying to open certain things on PC it says "terminated unexpectedly" - Similar Threads - trying open certain

2. ive seen this thing on my pc and when i try to open stuff it says "cannot execute...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ive seen this thing on my pc and when i try to open stuff it says "cannot execute...: C:\Users\boogl\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb15264.36605 i saw this on my files and i want too know if its a virus or if i should leave it there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-seen-this-thing-on-my-pc-and-when-i-try-to/a79f371a-c829-4a38-b27a-15b32d48c127
  3. ive seen this thing on my pc and when i try to open stuff it says "cannot execute...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ive seen this thing on my pc and when i try to open stuff it says "cannot execute...: C:\Users\boogl\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb15264.36605 i saw this on my files and i want too know if its a virus or if i should leave it there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-seen-this-thing-on-my-pc-and-when-i-try-to/a79f371a-c829-4a38-b27a-15b32d48c127
  4. ive seen this thing on my pc and when i try to open stuff it says "cannot execute...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Gaming Services unexpected termination, complete pc freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services unexpected termination, complete pc freeze.: So when playing league of legends the other day, my pc weirdly froze up, i could still hear my music but my second monitor went black and everything was unresponsive. So i was forced to reboot, event viewer showed me that the critical error wad gaming services being...
  6. Gaming Services unexpected termination, complete pc freeze.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming Services unexpected termination, complete pc freeze.: So when playing league of legends the other day, my pc weirdly froze up, i could still hear my music but my second monitor went black and everything was unresponsive. So i was forced to reboot, event viewer showed me that the critical error wad gaming services being...
  7. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when trying to launch certain game: Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference...
  8. Pc reboots unexpectedly on certain days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc reboots unexpectedly on certain days.: My pc keeps randomly rebooting at least once a week and I have no idea why. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers and updating drivers. I’ve also noticed an error when scanning the drive, but that has been fixed a week ago. From the 3 reboots I’ve had today, I can see a lot of...
  9. PC Keeps Freezing When Trying to Install certain things or freezes on its own within a few...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Keeps Freezing When Trying to Install certain things or freezes on its own within a few...: So I just changed my motherboard, cpu, and ram from my pc, and my hard drive and nvme are both empty. But when I try to install windows updates, gpu drivers, steam, or other things my pc just freezes completely and I have to restart it every single time. I do not understand...
  10. “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…”

in Windows 10 Support
    “This PC” hanging when I try to open it. Says “working on it…”: Well, since last update, I've been having this problem. I actually had it in the past and suddenly, it stopped. But looks like now it has come again to haunt me. What happens is, after I log in, after maybe one hour or so, and then try to open "This PC", it hangs, saying...