Windows 10: When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.

Discus and support When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm very confused about how to fix this. When I hit the windows key to search for a program and the start typing it auto scrolls to the top... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ian P. (Student), Apr 16, 2019.

1. When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.

Hey guys, I'm very confused about how to fix this. When I hit the windows key to search for a program and the start typing it auto scrolls to the top and I can't stop it. For example, if i hit the windows key and then start typing "Visual Studio" it will highlight visual studio, and then immediately scroll to the top. Same with if I try to type in the search bar, it won't let me type anything and will just highlight the cortana three bar logo on the top. My mouse is working fine, and it doesn't auto scroll on any other website or anything else. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.

EDIT: this seems to be happening on any Microsoft apps, for example, when I opened up photos and clicked "Create" it would just auto scroll through the 3 options.

:)

Ian P. (Student), Apr 16, 2019

2. Auto Scrolling in start menu

All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click
    on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I can only sometimes get into the sub-menu and once I'm in said menu it will continue scrolling to the top. This also happens if I go into windows settings but not file explorer or any other programs.
    I've tried disabling and re-enabling my mouse and keyboard and restarting but nothing has fixed the problem

PhilipGroen, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 16, 2019
  4. briang99 Win User

When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.

WIN 10 START MENU AND FILE EXPLORER AUTO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM

How can I stop windows 10 from auto scrolling in the start menu and file explorer? I do not have this issue in internet explorer, just in the local computer. It also auto scrolls to the right if the file explorer window is not opened in full screen, so
    I end up at the bottom and to the right of everything. When I try to scroll back to the top it scrolls right back to the bottom!

How do I stop this?

briang99, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.

1. When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top. - Similar Threads - trying search ten

2. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Cortana
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  3. Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues: I need help and I'm at the last straw. I have a computer that is only a year old, a CyberPower desktop, and a few days ago the start menu and other device menus began auto scrolling downward and would not release. I have done everything listed below:Uninstalled the drivers to...
  4. Trying to search on Windows 10 and it keeps Automatically scrolling to the top.

in Cortana
    Trying to search on Windows 10 and it keeps Automatically scrolling to the top.: When searching on the search bar in windows 10 it keeps automatically scrolling to the top, its not my mouse or keyboard because I unplugged them both and it kept doing it. When I restart my computer it seems to be fixed, but it happened twice already so I'm scarred it might...
  5. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  6. WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU

in Cortana
    WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU: WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU. When pressing window key, windows search also open like an overlay on top of start tiles. it happens start in full screen or not. because of this cannot access the apps behind it. hope a solution to handle.....
  7. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  8. Search on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search on top of start menu: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k319520u7y351.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=b67f7e8bf716295108cea35e733f61d71873f6d1 After updating to the latest version of windows 10 (2004) through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does...
  9. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  10. Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling: Hello, My computer has started auto-moving through selections in its explorer / start menu. Specifically, the leftmost start menu selections are all moving DOWN, and the system is moving through selections in PHOTO VIEW. I can't find an identical issue like mine, only...