Windows 10: When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off

Discus and support When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I`m having a problem for years, but now I can`t take it anymore, because it got worse. In 2015 I bought a new PC with one pair of RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boagie, Feb 16, 2019.

1. boagie Win User

When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off

Hello everybody,

I`m having a problem for years, but now I can`t take it anymore, because it got worse. In 2015 I bought a new PC with one pair of RAM g.skill ripjaw 2*4gb ram. In 2017 I bought another pair of the same RAM. The problem started around that time. Everytime I turned on the pc in the morning it got a BSOD and then restarted. But besides that it worked well. I read how to fix it, I couldn`t fix it myself and I stopped researching, because it wasn`t that bad. Now is different.
    I have a new PC now with the HDD and the RAM only being the same.
    When starting my PC each morning it either 1. shuts down or 2. has BSOD, following by restart or 3. nothing happens(the worst option). If nothing happens always it gets BSOD at a random time and this troubles me the most. If I turn off the PC for some reason (going out, etc.) and then turn it on again most of the times there is no error at all. It`s strange it happens mostly at the first turning on of the day.
    The BSOD is most of the time "Memory Management" error, sometimes another, but I read about all of the errors and they all say the same: defect hardware or drivers.
    1. I checked my RAM with memtest86 - I thought the ram is faulty, since I first bought the first pair and 2 years later the second one, but none of the tests showed a problem. I tested 1 piece at a time and also 4 of them at once - no problems.
    2. I used an app, forgot the name, which puts my hardware in a 100% resource use mode to see when it will restart, but it didn`t for 40 or more minutes.
    3. I updated the BIOS
    4. I reinstalled the Windows
    5. I upgraded the Radeon Graphic drivers
    I highly suspect the RAM, but there were no problems at the memtest... My previous PC was with Intel and Nvidia, this one is with AMD and Radeon and actually the RAM isn`t mentioned as compatible for this MSI motherboard, but the PC turns on, so I guess it`s not from that. What else do you think I should test?
    Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Monika

:)

boagie, Feb 16, 2019
  2. echo75 Win User

Turn of Virtual memory?

if you google it , lots of litrature suggest turning of Page file (virtual memory) if you have enough RAM for example like i have 4GB with Win XP and have almost 1 GB reserve.

They claim that because the CPU can acess the RAM faster than it can acess the virtual memory in the hrd disk your system will be faster.

What do you guys think?

echo75, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Bsod - Memory Management

Hi I just build a new pc and I keep getting memory Management bsod. My Mobo only supports 2133 and I bought a 2400mhz ddr4 ram(it was cheap). From the bios it does underclock the speed but I am getting this bsod.. Anything I can do before I change the ram to 2133mhz

Also the bsod happen every 2 minutes after turning on the pc

Behindyouu, Feb 16, 2019
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off - Similar Threads - turning BSOD Memory

2. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on a for second and then turn off: So I was using my Windows PC like normal, and then my monitor started flashing orangeI was panicking, so I cut the power offTurned the power on again, the PC was running like normal for 5 minutes and then the monitor went blackPlugged the cable on and off didn't workSo I...
  3. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on a for second and then turn off: So I was using my Windows PC like normal, and then my monitor started flashing orangeI was panicking, so I cut the power offTurned the power on again, the PC was running like normal for 5 minutes and then the monitor went blackPlugged the cable on and off didn't workSo I...
  4. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  6. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  7. BSOD when turning computer off

8. Bsod when turning the PC on

Bsod when turning the PC on: Hello, I have got a new PC components Motherboard, RAM, PSU, CPU, GPU and SSD. Only thing remaining from old PC is the 250GB SSD i use to hold the system. When ever I get BSOD Practycly every time I turn the PC on I restart it a couple of times and eventualy get to advanced...
  9. Lights on when PC is turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights on when PC is turned off: Hi, I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard.... So I tried plugging them into the top front...
  10. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...