Windows 10: When typing, all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost

Discus and support When typing, all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had a new HP laptop with Windows 10 (I'm used to Windows 7). Sometimes while I'm typing an email or listing an item for sale on etsy etc, all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Minerva, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Minerva Win User

When typing, all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost

I've had a new HP laptop with Windows 10 (I'm used to Windows 7).

Sometimes while I'm typing an email or listing an item for sale on etsy etc, all my typing is deleted and lost - it seems to be some key I'm hitting. I've tied looking at keyboard setting, but these key button short cuts are still a problem, sometimes other things happen, like I get a pop up asking if I want to reload the page, or I get an inspection screen.

It is often typing letters such as C, H, B, F...

Any help appreciated, as it's so annoying. I just spent 10 mins typing an email and it all got lost. *Mad

:)

Minerva, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Hueristic Win User

BGA Package types

Where can I find a list of Pitcairn and Tahiti types (I.E.) Pinouts.

Hueristic, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 8, 2018
  4. When typing, all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

When typing, all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost

1. When typing, all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost - Similar Threads - typing sudden everything

2. when I start to type automatically dots are typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I start to type automatically dots are typing.: when I start to type automatically dots are typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-to-type-automatically-dots-are-typing/2d00e3cd-3c27-41f9-9f6b-6e9816c7ade7
  3. when I start to type automatically dots are typing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I start to type automatically dots are typing.: when I start to type automatically dots are typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-to-type-automatically-dots-are-typing/2d00e3cd-3c27-41f9-9f6b-6e9816c7ade7
  4. Lost Extension/type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Extension/type: I lost my .jpg file extension on my computer. It does not show up in the file types. I cannot associate it with any applications/default programs because it does not show up in the list of file types. My jpg files are still there, but cannot be opened. Can I recover the .jpg...
  5. Lost Extension/type

Lost Extension/type: I lost my .jpg file extension on my computer. It does not show up in the file types. I cannot associate it with any applications/default programs because it does not show up in the list of file types. My jpg files are still there, but cannot be opened. Can I recover the .jpg...
  6. Windows Voice Typing - Internet Error all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Voice Typing - Internet Error all of a sudden: I have been very happily using Voice Typing for the past 18 months, its been super reliable and very helpful.However this morning when I hit WIN "H" I got a message that says "You'll need internet for this". I verified that my internet was ok, I tried wired, wireless,...
  7. Windows Voice Typing - Internet Error all of a sudden

Windows Voice Typing - Internet Error all of a sudden: I have been very happily using Voice Typing for the past 18 months, its been super reliable and very helpful.However this morning when I hit WIN "H" I got a message that says "You'll need internet for this". I verified that my internet was ok, I tried wired, wireless,...
  8. Forced Windows update while typing in Word - lost everything

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Forced Windows update while typing in Word - lost everything: I have Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build - 19041.746) and MS Office 365. I was typing a huge amount of data into an existing Word document. Phone rang and I left my desk and then got distracted by a few other things. When I returned to my computer 20 minutes later, there...
  9. everything closes when i type 2 letters in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everything closes when i type 2 letters in browser: I have always used the browser to search. Today, when i tried this, all tabs closed. I had never used the bing search, however this is now the only way i can search. I tried cleaning cache, restarting, updating, and resetting. Still not resloved. This is maddening and I...
  10. first letter doesn't type all of a sudden

in Cortana
    first letter doesn't type all of a sudden: the first letter doesn't type all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-letter-doesnt-type-all-of-a-sudden/00a06688-c29d-4774-bfa4-1cc73f165ce5"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. When typing all of a sudden everything I typed is deleted and lost