Windows 10: when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until...

Discus and support when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until circle stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimThurman1, Aug 28, 2019.

1. when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until...

when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until circle stops

:)

JimThurman1, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Curser freezes after typing

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the model number of the computer?
    • Where exactly the issue occurs? Is it while typing in a particular application?
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disconnect all external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if the issue occurs.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Start Button and type Troubleshooting

b. Open Troubleshooting.

c. Now type System Maintenance Troubleshooter in the search option.

d. Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and then check if you can open Windows Update. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or
    startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to
    the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 28, 2019
  4. when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until...

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until...

1. when typing computer freezes and rotating cirle comes on. No more typing allowed until... - Similar Threads - typing computer freezes

2. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes when typing: Hi, since yesterday my computer is nearly impossible to use anymore. The reason for this is that my computer randomly freezes when typing, and this happens consistently. After restarting, everything is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it just freezes again and all apps become...
  3. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezes when typing: Hi, since yesterday my computer is nearly impossible to use anymore. The reason for this is that my computer randomly freezes when typing, and this happens consistently. After restarting, everything is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it just freezes again and all apps become...
  4. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Typing n continuously untill a restart the computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing n continuously untill a restart the computer.: I have a machine which is typing letter n automatically and funny thing is i don't have keyboard attached to it. Every time it does that i had to restart it and after 1 hour it starts again. Any resolution for this bug, FYI it has all latest windows updates. I tried attaching...
  6. Typing n continuously untill a restart the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing n continuously untill a restart the computer.: I have a machine which is typing letter n automatically and funny thing is i don't have keyboard attached to it. Every time it does that i had to restart it and after 1 hour it starts again. Any resolution for this bug, FYI it has all latest windows updates. I tried attaching...
  7. Typing n continuously untill a restart the computer.

8. Remote Desktop Freeze / Not Responding When Typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Freeze / Not Responding When Typing: Hi, I am having an issue when trying to use remote desktop connection into other PC's on my network. When I start typing either the name or IP it will freeze and say not responding for a couple minutes then allows me to type another 2/3 characters before freezing again....
  9. Mouse freezing when typing READ FULLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse freezing when typing READ FULLY: Hello, I have a problem with a certain laptop that means when I type it freezes the mouse. It's a setting as I saw it before but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas? PC: HP ProBook 6570b Trackpad: Synaptics LuxPad V7.5 Trackpad Driver version: 19.0.19.63...
  10. Cortana freezes when typing in a search

Cortana freezes when typing in a search: I'm having a fun problem on my shiny new Win 10 machine. Cortana freezes when I start to type in the search box. Is there 1) a way to actually fix this? I've looked all over web and I don't see anything definitive or 2) is there a way to replace Cortana? I'm not...