Windows 10: When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

Discus and support When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The recent Windows 10 update has introduced a bug for Chinese input. Normally, when I type in Chinese Pinyin, the Chinese characters appear near the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YSYang, Oct 16, 2021.

1. YSYang Win User

When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

The recent Windows 10 update has introduced a bug for Chinese input. Normally, when I type in Chinese Pinyin, the Chinese characters appear near the cursor. However, after a recent Windows update, the Chinese character sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen rather than near the cursor. This makes the Chinese input very inconvenient. I hope MicroSoft will fix this bug soon. It is very frustrating.

:)

YSYang, Oct 16, 2021

2. Can't type Chinese

Hi Angela,

To troubleshoot your concern about not being able to type in Chinese, please follow the steps provided by ccsjn and Jesinta Rozario

here

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Robert Ant, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Can't type Chinese characters on certain situations

Hi Chin,

The language icon might have been moved beside your People icon due to enabled Use the desktop language bar
    when it's available option from Control Panel. For us to revert it to its original position, please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press
      Enter
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
    • On the left pane, click on Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching inputs methods, uncheck
      Use a desktop language bar when it's available option.
    • Click on Save button.

To address your concern with typing Chinese characters, kindly make sure that Chinese character is switched on:

• On the lower-right corner of your desktop, there is a Chinese/English (Shift) icon.
    • Make sure that Chinese is enabled.

When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen 76637739-eb62-4d7b-ad53-ab943bf3e661?upload=true.png
    Note: It will switch from Chinese to English or vise versa when pressing
    Shift key.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 16, 2021
  4. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

Can't type Chinese

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately that's not what I was looking for. I'm able to display the keyboard onscreen already hence that's not my concern. My concern is that I am unable to type out Chinese characters even after i have changed the keyboard
    to Chinese. Eg: I am typing in pinyin "nihao" to get the Chinese characters but the Chinese characters do not appear. It should be appearing when I have changed the keyboard.

As seen from the image below, I have already changed to the Chinese keyboard and Chinese characters are not appearing when typing.

When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen fa36be0d-9899-4933-9d5a-aee876ae1e4e.jpg

AngelaChew24, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

1. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen - Similar Threads - typing Chinese Chinese

2. unresponsive screen top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  3. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen: The recent Windows 10 update has introduced a bug for Chinese input. Normally, when I type in Chinese Pinyin, the Chinese characters appear near the cursor. However, after a recent Windows update, the Chinese character sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen...
  4. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen: The recent Windows 10 update has introduced a bug for Chinese input. Normally, when I type in Chinese Pinyin, the Chinese characters appear near the cursor. However, after a recent Windows update, the Chinese character sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen...
  5. Chinese language bar randomly appearing in the top left window of my game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chinese language bar randomly appearing in the top left window of my game: Hello, I am playing a game on steam when randomly during the game when I am hitting WASD keys a floating Chinese language text bar will appear in the top left corner of the game window. The game itself will black out and show only this floating text bar. It's like a floating...
  6. Unable to type chinese

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to type chinese: Hi. I can't type Chinese at all on my laptop. Nothing comes out when I try to input the pinyin. My windows is up to date, just checked it 5 minutes before I write this post. [ATTACH]...
  7. After boot from USB, black screen appears or sometimes cursor in top left corner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After boot from USB, black screen appears or sometimes cursor in top left corner: I have installed android x86 on my laptop in the same drive where windows10 was installed. Now i cannot run Windows . I have tried startup repair but it was not possible then tried to reset all data from repair menu after 34% it gives error. Then formated the primary drive...
  8. Chinese Characters not Appearing

Chinese Characters not Appearing: Hello when I typed the Pinyin the Chinese characters didn't appear so I can't type please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-not-appearing/5b347d07-d779-4e8a-97c4-db045805f13a
  9. Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.: I'm in China, and I needed a new laptop. Unfortunately, changing the language on this laptop has been hell compared to a MacBook. First I had to purchase new Windows key just so I could change the language because apparently the version of Windows computers come with in China...
  10. duplicate screen in top left corner

duplicate screen in top left corner: How do I remove duplicate screen in top left corner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-screen-in-top-left-corner/62a58c30-20d5-41cd-aa12-760950c10838