Windows 10: When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that...

Discus and support When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to track which process is using the file to permanently remove it? submitted by /u/Skullfurious [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skullfurious, Jan 17, 2020.

1. When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that...

Is there any way to track which process is using the file to permanently remove it?

submitted by /u/Skullfurious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skullfurious, Jan 17, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jan 17, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that...

1. When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that... - Similar Threads - uninstalling deleting folders

2. Server hangs when deleting checkpoints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server hangs when deleting checkpoints: We have Windows failover cluster setup with 3 Windows 2019 hosts running Hyper-V. They all connect to shared storage on HP MSA 2062 iSCSI SAN using 10GB ports. When deleting checkpoints on one VM causes other VMs on any of the hosts to be non responsive extremely slow . It...
  3. Server hangs when deleting checkpoints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server hangs when deleting checkpoints: We have Windows failover cluster setup with 3 Windows 2019 hosts running Hyper-V. They all connect to shared storage on HP MSA 2062 iSCSI SAN using 10GB ports. When deleting checkpoints on one VM causes other VMs on any of the hosts to be non responsive extremely slow . It...
  4. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder: A folder was not getting deleted so I tried using the command line, an error popped up saying this: So i unisnstalled OneDrive but the error still persists. I get absolutely 0 feedback when deleting the folder manually, no error message, nothing.Also the "OneDrive" folder...
  5. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder: A folder was not getting deleted so I tried using the command line, an error popped up saying this: So i unisnstalled OneDrive but the error still persists. I get absolutely 0 feedback when deleting the folder manually, no error message, nothing.Also the "OneDrive" folder...
  6. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Occasional Windows 10 hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional Windows 10 hang: Hi there, I have a strange thing happening with my PC. When I am doing something or running microsoft edge, the whole PC becomes unresponsive, where the mouse can move for a while and start menu can be opened but nothing else. Then eventually the whole system freezes. I try...
  8. Deleted Folders still Appear?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Folders still Appear?: Hello, When working with files and folders, I often need to cut/copy/paste both files and folders. When I move something it remains where I moved it from. Even if I collapse the folder above the folder/file in question then expand it again it is still there. I have to...
  9. Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out": This is a question regarding a computer that intermittently “hangs” at “sign out”. When it hangs, the screen goes black and no commands are possible. The only recovery is to depress and hold the power button. The computer is a laptop Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 that was...
  10. explorer.exe occasional hang

in Windows 10 Support
    explorer.exe occasional hang: so...since I got my new tower on the 16th, during the few times I've had it actually online and running, every so often, at least once a session, explorer.exe will become unresponsive and then hang, followed by automatically restarting itself. what I want to know is if...