Windows 10: When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

Discus and support When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! When I unplug my laptop from the power outlet, the windows become almost unresponsive. With almost I mean that that the mouse cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SofoklisDais, Mar 15, 2019.

1. When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

Hello!

When I unplug my laptop from the power outlet, the windows become almost unresponsive. With almost I mean that that the mouse cursor disappears and all keyboard commands are performed at least 5 (and up to 30) seconds later. Interestingly, when press ctrl+alt+del all operations work properly, as they do in safe mode.

This started to happening after Windows update two days ago (13/5). Back then I had the 1803 version of windows. In the meantime, I have contacted a microsoft technician. He identified that the problem was a corruption in the windows update database and repaired the windows (re-installed) version 1803. As the problem persisted I came back to microsoft and we installed 1809 version. The technician was very helpful both times but the problem persists.

In a sense, I have a laptop that I cannot use as a laptop. As this is both my work and free-time computer, I have to keep it plugged-in all day long. Finally, I forgot to mention that I only bought it a couple of months ago.

Please advise. Thank you.

Sofo

:)

SofoklisDais, Mar 15, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. PhilSimm Win User

When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

Laptop freezes when charger unpluged

Hello,

When I unplug the charger from my laptop windows 10 goes blank and unresponsive. The screen is dark but still lit, if you know what I mean. I then have to press the power button to close the laptop, and, on restarting all my icons have reverted to the default
    positions.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

PhilSimm, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

1. When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive - Similar Threads - unplug laptop become

2. Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive in Windows 11, then unplugging the power cable shuts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive in Windows 11, then unplugging the power cable shuts...: This issue started only after updating to windows 11. While working, sometimes, my laptop's keyboard and mouse become unresponsive. However, if I have some external mouse attached, that external mouse works fine and windows stays responsive. just that my laptop's keyboard and...
  3. Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive in Windows 11, then unplugging the power cable shuts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse & Keyboard become unresponsive in Windows 11, then unplugging the power cable shuts...: This issue started only after updating to windows 11. While working, sometimes, my laptop's keyboard and mouse become unresponsive. However, if I have some external mouse attached, that external mouse works fine and windows stays responsive. just that my laptop's keyboard and...
  4. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  5. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  6. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  8. Windows has become unresponsive.

Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  9. Laptop Becomes unusable when unplugged

Laptop Becomes unusable when unplugged: Hey , I laptop becomes so slowalmost unusable when not puggled in to charger. It is happening from tomorrow when I installed GIMP , VLC , 7 Zip, Paint 3D , 3D viewer , bitdefender parental control simultaneously on my pc , I am not sure that it is happening from the...
  10. USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times: I have an odd problem with my USB keyboards on my Windows 10 machine. If I unplug them and plug them back in ~three times, they become unresponsive. The keyboards are still recognized by the machine and shows up under Devices, but won't send anything when I type on them....