Windows 10: When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed.

Discus and support When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed. Many ways can not be solved. It seems that when I unplug the power, the screen will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, May 26, 2021.

1. When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed.

When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed. Many ways can not be solved. It seems that when I unplug the power, the screen will automatically enter the brightness of the power-saving mode, but I didn't turn on the power-saving mode at all. In the display options, the brightness is still 100%, and the driver is also the latest driver.

:)

Windows Category - All, May 26, 2021

2. Screen dimming even at 100% brightness

Hi recently bought a Lenovo laptop, a Lenovo V14-ARE laptop, and as soon as I turned it on I noticed, when I put it on 100% brightness it is bright and vivid but then it dims. After a while, the screen brightens again then proceeds to dim once again in a
    few seconds. When I plug it in to charge, the screen is bright and vivid but as soon as I unplug it, it dims. I already left clicked on the power icon in the task bar, went to power options and selected "choose when to turn off the display", clicked "change
    advanced power settings", scrolled down to "display" and opened its list, but the only option I have for the display's list is "turn off display after", in the Youtube videos I've seen they have an "adaptive brightness" setting or something like that and that
    fixes their problem but I don't have that option. My power plan is also in high performance and everything is "on battery" but the problem still happens.

Can this problem be fixed?

PestoiSauce, May 26, 2021
  3. CarlCappo Win User
    Windows 10 screen brightness is dim

Original title: ASUS PT2001 with Win 10 screen brightness

When running on battery power screen automatically dims. My area is very bright and I have trouble viewing a dim screen. I have to bring the power cord where ever the monitor is located to increase the brightness. Is there no setting to adjust this?

CarlCappo, May 26, 2021
  4. CarlCappo Win User

When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed.

Windows 10 screen brightness is dim

Please re-read my question. I get a drastic reduction in brightness when this computer is placed on battery power, power cord removed. (extends battery life although I would just plug in the adapter when battery gets low) The color calibration is fine
    and adjusted correctly. I know because I preformed the steps as you directed and aware of these types of modifications. I remember Win 7 had Power Saver options and you could manually dim the screen when on battery power. Does Win 10 no longer provide this
    option. All my Power and Sleep settings are set to "never".

CarlCappo, May 26, 2021
Thema:

When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed.

1. When using battery power, the screen brightness will be dimmed. - Similar Threads - using battery power

2. Windows 10 Pro - Battery power screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - Battery power screen dimming: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo Yoga and whenever I'm on battery power my screen dims dramatically and brightens again intermittently and constantly. I tried looking it up on line, but it appears that the solution in Windows 10 is different than the solution in 10 Pro...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Battery power screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Battery power screen dimming: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo Yoga and whenever I'm on battery power my screen dims dramatically and brightens again intermittently and constantly. I tried looking it up on line, but it appears that the solution in Windows 10 is different than the solution in 10 Pro...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Battery power screen dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Dimming when Power is Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Dimming when Power is Disconnected: Hello,I'm having this problem that when I unplug my laptop, the screen dims a bit. I've checked the brightness level and I'm sure it is set to high. I've even reinstalled windows and it still isn't working. The only solution I am able to get is to disable the Windows...
  6. Screen brightness too dim when unplugged

Screen brightness too dim when unplugged: Hello, The maximum brightness when unplugged is way lower than when the laptop is plugged. I've been checking the screen- and batterysettings, but it doesn't bring solutions. Somehow, the screen goes to full brightness when unplugged when i am in my configuration-settings...
  7. Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in: I have looked for all of the solutions and none of them worked for me. Some i didnt even have the option available. Im using an alienware laptop windows 10. I have looked for adaptive brightness in settings everywhere but it doesnt exist on my machine. Im not sure how to stop...
  8. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  9. Screen Brightness dims automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  10. Display dims on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display dims on battery power: No matter how many settings I tweak, I cannot get the display on my laptop to remain bright if I unplug it. It dims to an unacceptable level Any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcomed. Thanks...