Windows 10: When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open...

Discus and support When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last week, ran into an issue with Virus and threat protection, no alerts, just that Virus and threat protection was turned off. Ran update channel,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by swimshark53, Sep 16, 2021.

1. When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open...

Last week, ran into an issue with Virus and threat protection, no alerts, just that Virus and threat protection was turned off. Ran update channel, rebooted machine, same condition. Tried to turn back on, Windows ran command, but would not turn feature back on, but would not report a threat or virus to the notifier.Checked system, found new fTPM AMD to version 2.0 . Also received new 21H1 version. I think they collided, and caused the Virus database to go nuts. No matter what was tried, the system reported a Virus protection and threat protection error that would not let the security system

:)

swimshark53, Sep 16, 2021
  2. heartog Win User

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Mark Isi Win User

When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open...

Audio Enhancements

Hi Charlotte,

One step that we could try is to manually re-install the Audio Enhancement, and see if it helps. First, go to HP's website and download the latest Audio Enhancement installer (IDT) and save it to your Downloads folder. Once done, follow the remaining steps
    below:

• Search for Control Panel via Cortana search and hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • Open the Device Manager and click Sound, Video and Game controllers.
    • Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Once your PC restarts, it should automatically load all audio driver. Let it complete the process.
    • Go to the Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select
      Run as administrator
    Once complete, check if you have the enhancements back and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open...

1. When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open... - Similar Threads - using enhanced security

2. I can't use/open windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use/open windows security: I think i have have installed a virus and now i cant open windows security, also i cant gind security services and windows security services in the services list...
  3. Can I use the Microsoft Presenter+ with other programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the Microsoft Presenter+ with other programs?: I've been scouring the internet to find answers to this, but so far have come up empty. I recently purchased a Microsoft Presenter+, which works amazingly well in Teams. The biggest functionality I am using is the ability to mute and unmute easily no matter what I have focus...
  4. Can I use the Microsoft Presenter+ with other programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the Microsoft Presenter+ with other programs?: I've been scouring the internet to find answers to this, but so far have come up empty. I recently purchased a Microsoft Presenter+, which works amazingly well in Teams. The biggest functionality I am using is the ability to mute and unmute easily no matter what I have focus...
  5. Can I use the Microsoft Presenter+ with other programs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Screen goes black when using programs and the program that I use crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when using programs and the program that I use crashes: I have built a new pc and I have been using it for a month now. When I first built it the screen was going black when oppening a program or while in a program, then I updated the windows, re installed chipset and graphics card drivers and the problem went away. But today I am...
  7. Using multiple security programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using multiple security programs: Dear members, just want an answer to the question.. I have XFI advantage securitythrough Comcast along with windows defender .....do I need to also have something like Nortonwhich I use to have through Comcast before they switched? [Original Title: Anti virus]...
  8. Discord mutes other programs when used?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Discord mutes other programs when used?: I use a Bluetooth headset from MPOW - P/N: 18A43 paired with my PC (Windows 10 64 bit). The headphones are connected via a Bluetooth stick (UB499) from tp-link connected. So far everything is great, sound runs and sounds good. If I now turn on the program Discord, everything...
  9. How can I add a program to the "use other programs" list when associating file types?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add a program to the "use other programs" list when associating file types?: I am trying to associate a file type (.txt) with a .exe such that when I open text files, it uses that program. When I attempt to do this through the settings menu, it does not provide the program I am looking for in the list, even when I click "other programs." How can I fix...
  10. How to use Enhanced sync of AMD Crimson

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Enhanced sync of AMD Crimson: How to properly use the new feature called Enhanced sync of AMD Crimson - do I turn it on in AMD Crimson software (I know how to do that part) and turn vsync off in games ? I mean, if it is turned on does every game's vsync needs to be turned off. I use Vsync in all games....