Windows 10: When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...

Discus and support When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop with windows 10. When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail program. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AB_101, Jan 29, 2019.

1. AB_101 Win User

When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...

I bought a new laptop with windows 10.

When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail program. The program is working except for this problem.

Can you anyone help resolve this problem please.

Thanks

:)

AB_101, Jan 29, 2019

2. Eudora Error Message

I use Eudora as my e-mail client, and no, I don't want to use anything else as certain buttinski friends have suggested.

I have a slight problem that does not affect how Eudora works. It's just annoying.

Ever since the Windows update in November, every time I open Eudora I get a popup that says the following:

"Eudora was unable to update the system registry. Your default e-mail program has not been changed."

I click "OK" and everything works fine. But is there any way I can get rid of the message?

If I go to default programs Eudora is set as the default e-mail program, and it does not notify me that it is not the default e-mail program.

Linda

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Windows settings

LindaYoung_38, Jan 29, 2019
  3. FrFrog Win User
    Win 10 Error msg with Eudora

When Eudora opens the msg "Eudora was unable to update the registry. Your default mail program has not been changed." It was suggested to put "DefaultMailTo=0" in the Eudora.ini file. Did this but the message still appears. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Any other ideas?

Sure wish Qualcom didn't drop the classic Eudora and had made it truly Win 10 compatible. *Sad

FrFrog, Jan 29, 2019
  4. omegatx Win User

When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...

Eudora okay in W8.1, hyperlinks trigger popup in W10

Thanks for the protocol tip, but I already had Chrome as default in those protocol windows.

I will join the Eudora-Win Discussion List list.

I am slowly whittling away at the two remaining issues:
    1. Win 10 only allowing Eudora hyperlink clicks to MS browsers when default, but not other 3rd party browsers like Chrome.
    2. Eudora attachments will only open if right clicked with "open with" dialog if Eudora is listed.

omegatx, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail... - Similar Threads - using Eudora getting

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  3. Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help: i also cannot open camera, any xbox related app, and have done a full scan with mcafee. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-default-system-apps-eg-photos-mail-and/af976dd8-261c-4181-9bfc-a88f7f428f2f
  4. Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora: Here's a question that has to do with the times. A friend wants to know if they can install Eudora 6.1.2 over Eudora 7.1 without losing any email. It seems to be the only way (maybe) of getting rid of the massive headers when forwarding email. They've tried everything they...
  5. Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use...: And I can't open the microsoft store app either. been this way for a day or two or so. Any ideas when this will be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-popup-boxes-saying-xbox-game-bar-is/76df0049-95e6-43d8-82d5-f59165e881ee
  6. "Registry Editor" system default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Registry Editor" system default setting: I want to know how to restore system default settings of 'Registry Editor'. I just messed up with some of these settings and I don't remember exactly what I changed. So now I want to reset or restore these settings to system default (as it came with the windows) instead reset...
  7. Eudora

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eudora: I am trying to install Eudora on my laptop Windows 10 so I can transfer my email from my Windows 7 desktop but I am having difficulty with setting up. When I try to connect, the connection times out. I really love Eudora and want to remain with that email program....
  8. When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...: I bought a new laptop with windows 10. When using Eudora, I am getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail program. Can any one help me resolve this problem. Thanks...
  9. Use mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...
  10. Eudora okay in W8.1, hyperlinks trigger popup in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Eudora okay in W8.1, hyperlinks trigger popup in W10: Hi there, hope I can get help. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Eudora 7 worked fine in 8. However, the problem I'm having is when I click on a hyperlink within a post, a pop-up window appears telling me, "you'll need a new app to open this program." Opening the link within the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eudora and registry